Miller returns to Rangers squad Suicide alert for Tannochsidebear

Just now, Darthter said:

I would suggest Cummings before Miller....

From what I've seen, Cummings is a runner - similar to Miller, but younger, fitter & more chance of an end product.

I would suggest Frankie, Pete, Rousseau, Craig, Compo, Bill, you, or me before Miller!

:P

I'm fairly certain I know how this works out, it has been the same throughout his career.

He will come on as a sub, play well and probably score, thus making it easy for the manager to select him as a starter next time out, followed by several weeks of utter dross.

What I will say for Miller is he has always been supremely fit and this enables him to come back quickly from any injury he gets, not that he is injured very often either. If he could pass that attitude on to other players at the club I would be most grateful.

5 minutes ago, Dondarrion said:

Is there any way we can get Miller to sit behind Cummings and Morelos to use his positional know how to drag players away and make space for our strikers? Could still have Windass in there also. 

Just a thought. 

Only if he is on the bench.:D

18 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Oh, come on? Miller over Windass? What era are you from?

Miller has 2 goals this season, Windass has 6; Miller has 2 Assists, Windass has 7.

But no, play Miller because Windass is 'spineless', and has 'nae heart'. What does that even mean?

giphy.gif

I think it means that Mack would prefer a headless chicken (Miller) over someone with a lack of courage.  Me ?  I take Windass every day of the week - he is pacy, direct, decent passing and has a number of both goals and assists this season.

Miller, on the other hand, finds himself constantly running towards his own goal (usually because his 1st touch is 10 yards away from himself) and, as an "attacker" hardly ever finds himself in areas of danger.

Anyone who would prefer Miller to Windass , IMHO, clearly has an anti-Windass bias.

29 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I would suggest Frankie, Pete, Rousseau, Craig, Compo, Bill, you, or me before Miller!

:P

I'm just disappointed that you have me down after Pete and Rousseau - it feels like being the little fat kid who always gets picked last :(:D

15 minutes ago, Dondarrion said:

Is there any way we can get Miller to sit behind Cummings and Morelos to use his positional know how to drag players away and make space for our strikers? Could still have Windass in there also. 

Just a thought. 

No, no and thrice no.

Miller's touch is absolutely horrid.  He wouldn't have much time on the ball in that "10" and even less space in which his errors can be overcome.  He doesn't have the creativity to play behind a front 2 and his passing isn't accurate enough for it either.

Windass in that position before Miller.  Indeed I would put Holt in that position before Miller and I would also put Goss in that position before Miller too.  Or Candeais, Dorrans or Murphy.

I guess I am saying anyone but Miller in that position.

14 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I'm fairly certain I know how this works out, it has been the same throughout his career.

He will come on as a sub, play well and probably score, thus making it easy for the manager to select him as a starter next time out, followed by several weeks of utter dross.

What I will say for Miller is he has always been supremely fit and this enables him to come back quickly from any injury he gets, not that he is injured very often either. If he could pass that attitude on to other players at the club I would be most grateful.

We all know your stance on Miller TB, you have always been consistent.

The above post, at the twilight of Miller's career, almost perfectly sums it up for me.

His fellow pros have always lauded him (I never really understood it, other than his work rate, application and attitude - his talent leaves much to be desired IMHO).  For me, he isn't a very good footballer but all of the physical, mental, professionalism attributes are in abundance.

If all of our players could just have his hunger, desire, work-rate, professionalism, attitude, and application then we would actually be in a much stronger position IMO.  However, what is noticeable with all of those descriptions is that not one of them relates to his abilities as a footballer. 

The club could be doing with Kenny Miller around the place - not as a player though, as someone who can instill a hunger and desire to succeed, someone who will instill in them what it means to play for Rangers.  Us fans love someone who would run through a brick wall for the club, one of the reasons we have such an affinity for players like Thomson, GvB, Albertz, Rino, Novo etc.