Miller returns to Rangers squad Suicide alert for Tannochsidebear

12 minutes ago, craig said:

We all know your stance on Miller TB, you have always been consistent.

The above post, at the twilight of Miller's career, almost perfectly sums it up for me.

His fellow pros have always lauded him (I never really understood it, other than his work rate, application and attitude - his talent leaves much to be desired IMHO).  For me, he isn't a very good footballer but all of the physical, mental, professionalism attributes are in abundance.

If all of our players could just have his hunger, desire, work-rate, professionalism, attitude, and application then we would actually be in a much stronger position IMO.  However, what is noticeable with all of those descriptions is that not one of them relates to his abilities as a footballer. 

The club could be doing with Kenny Miller around the place - not as a player though, as someone who can instill a hunger and desire to succeed, someone who will instill in them what it means to play for Rangers.  Us fans love someone who would run through a brick wall for the club, one of the reasons we have such an affinity for players like Thomson, GvB, Albertz, Rino, Novo etc.

I wonder if it means something that he was the first player that came to mind... ? 

giphy.gif

Okay I agree with most that Miller is on his use by date but until Windass gets some balls and know how we need experience in the team.Maybe a few games out of the squad or on the bench would give Windass a wake up call in that he won't be an automatic pick if he does not show more aggression.

7 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Okay I agree with most that Miller is on his use by date but until Windass gets some balls and know how we need experience in the team.Maybe a few games out of the squad or on the bench would give Windass a wake up call in that he won't be an automatic pick if he does not show more aggression.

He's an attacking player who is best suited to playing the number 10 role.  Why does that role require aggression ?

5 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Well attacking players have to attack the ball,tackle opponents,show determination etc..If none of these are defined as aggression I will have to look for another word.

Windass presses as well as anyone; he works his socks off (or gloves... 9_9) to attack the ball-player.

An attacking player shouldn't really be putting in tackles anyway (they're then out the game); they should be instigating pressing traps, forcing the opponents into channels/spaces where our players can win the ball back. Have you ever seen Salah, Firmino or Mane out in a tackle for Liverpool?