Rangers hit out after Wes Foderingham is sent vile racist slur

Rangers goalie Wes Foderingham subjected to vile racist slur on Instagram as he vows to ‘name and shame’ yob who sent horrific message

Foderingham posted a screenshot of the private post on his Instagram stories.

RANGERS goalie Wes Foderingham has been subjected to a vile racist slur on Instagram.

The Ibrox idol today revealed he was sent the horrific message by @aaronfinnegan88 and vowed to “name and shame” the troll.

Foderingham posted a screenshot of the private post on his Instagram stories.

@aaronfinnegan88 wrote: “You black p***k.”

The Light Blues keeper replied: “Well done Aaron.

“I will share this message with all of Twitter and Instagram.”

The yob added: “You hun b****rd.”

A Rangers spokesperson said: “Rangers abhors all forms of discrimination and abuse of our players, indeed all players, must not be tolerated.”

In May, Foderingham fronted a Kick It Out workshop and spoke about racism and discrimination as he was quizzed by kids at a question-and-answer session.

He recalled the first time he encountered racism, as a Swindon Town player in 2012.

The 27-year-old – who condemned similar slurs aimed at Celtic’s Scott Sinclair – said: “The first time I ever experienced racism personally was after I had played a game at Morecambe.

“The lad was no older than 16, and I was a little bit shocked at the time and unsure how to handle it.

“I confronted him and asked why he said what he had, but he couldn’t give me an answer.

“I had been walking back to the coach and he said ‘Go back to your own country’.

“I was born in London! I was angry but I didn’t act angrily towards him.

“I didn’t approach him in a confrontational manner. I just asked him what he was thinking and he couldn’t give me an answer.

“It was difficult to deal with at the time and, until something like that happens to you, I don’t think you can know how you will react.

“I reported what happened to the ground staff and to the coaching set-up.

“But if something did happen beyond that, I didn’t hear about it. That’s why we do campaigns such as Kick It Out.

“When Rangers hold these type of days, it can only help.

“About six to eight months after the incident at Morecambe, I was approached by Paul Mortimer, who asked me if I wanted to come on board — and I was delighted to do that.

“We visit schools and football clubs to try to raise awareness. It has been brilliant.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2209506/rangers-wes-foderingham-racist-slur-instagram-message-post/