[FT] Hamilton 3 - 5 Rangers (Murphy 10; Windass 19, 34, 72; Morelos 27)

2 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

If the fhilth loses to the sheepshaggers, and we beat the Hertz, ken, then.......the game's afoot.

We need to keep it close and then take at least 4 points off them in our head to head games.  If we do that, you just never know how they'll deal with that.  Very few of their players have had to deal with that level of pressure because they've won it so easily each year up to now.  Let's test their mental strength and hope they crumble.

10 hours ago, Gaffer said:

That's exactly why I am optimistic.  We've lost most of our home games and yet we are still within a reasonable touching distance of Celtic.  That's how poor they are.  We don't need to have a transformational improvement.  All we need is to start winning at home against the other teams in this league (i.e. the bottom 8/9 teams) and we can challenge.

Mmmm Would winning all our home games not be a transformational improvement.:D

25 minutes ago, pete said:

Fair comment but at the same time you would imagine that all things being equal winning more at home would be an easier challenge to rectify than many other challenges we have faced. And as it stands we would be winning this league if not for that somewhat peculiar feature.

20 hours ago, pete said:

True, that's why I'm amused at the potential "chaos" the journos are predicting about post split fixtures.  If our competitors really knew about us, they'd be delighted that we play more home games.

Surely though Pete we've now sorted out a way to win at home!?!?  If we go and smash Hearts at the weekend, I think we can be reasonably optimistic.  I think it's fair to say that none of us ever really know how we are going to go this weekend.  We wouldn't be surprised if won 5-0, given our attacking prowess.  But equally we wouldn't be surprised if we got beat 5-4 when you see how fragile our defence is sometimes.

I can still remember that feeling of going to Ibrox during the NIAR years, knowing we'd win, but just how much by.  It was fun, but not nearly as exciting as going these days.  It makes our prediction league a complete lottery, but I would say that since I'm near the bottom of that table.