Exploring a Gersnet Podcast - contributors wanted

I had

15 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Yep, I'd love to be able to cater for the aulder heids amongst us.

We don't expect everyone to be tech aware so happy to help advise on what's required to take part.

There are a few on here with fantastic memories of the past and I don't think we could omit 26th on that one if he was willing.

I also mentioned to BJ yesterday Frankie   before you got on ( sorry I never mentioned it again it went out my head) about possibly a live show during the game. There is always people on here wanting to know how it is going. You know a bit like the Sky(?) programme where they have people watching the game and chatting about it. There may be copyright problems on that though.. Am I getting carried away now?

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

Dear all,

Last year we indicated that we were hoping to see if we could get a Gersnet Podcast on the go and, after some discussions and very early preliminary testing, we're confident that we'll be able to progress this over the coming weeks with a view to having something ready to go for the end of this season (or certainly for the new campaign in the summer).

The format we're looking to go with is that of a nominal host with a couple of guests per pod and we'd initially be looking to run these monthly (audio only to start).  I think we'd aim at around 30-40mins length wise and the content would obviously be agreed and planned in advance to ensure a decent discussion.  We're kindly being helped production wise and reckon this could really compliment the written content of the site.

In terms of content, we'd like to explore that going forward but, being monthly, obviously recent team form and current affairs will be our primary consideration and the quality debate we see on here shows we have several people more than capable of being involved with this - both members and non-members of our popular forum.

Tech-wise, it's all fairly simple and easy to get started.  We intend using Google Hangouts (more info here) and this can be utilised via your computer or handheld device.  Most PCs and laptops have their own mic installed but you can use your phone if preferred.  This is all done via your home wi-fi connection so won't cost you a penny!

As such, we're now at the stage of looking for contributors to do some further testing and informal auditions.  Unlike submitting written content, you don't need to worry about spelling and grammar and, initially at least, we'd only be asking for around an hour of your time on a monthly basis so it's not overly intrusive in that sense.  There won't be any video so we won't be scaring any younger members!

We'd now like to open the discussion to the floor.  Feel free to ask any questions on our forum and we'll try our best to answer them. 

gn_podcast_ad.jpg

Frankie can you not make the dot in the middle a microphone? Maybe add a few sound waves as well? Just an idea.

6 minutes ago, pete said:

I will just stick to Bear in my long johns.:D

Lol.  When I was home at Xmas I wore Long John's for the first time ever (consider myself way too young, even at 44 yrs old....) - best move ever :D

2 minutes ago, craig said:

Lol.  When I was home at Xmas I wore Long John's for the first time ever (consider myself way too young, even at 44 yrs old....) - best move ever :D

I have never owned or worn them to be honest they press my string into my bottom. :o I don't fancy them to be honest

12 hours ago, boabie said:

Maybe someone going back into the past to share memories of Rangers matches from the 60's or whatever ?

Don't know about my presentation, or even whether my laptop has a mic tbh, but I certainly have some amusing stories from that era.

How about the Gersnet cafe for a show. 26th Boabie and Combo reminiscing. That would be amazing