So I’m reading all this uproar that Rangers are looking likely to play more home games this season than away due to the fixtures played so far. Now that is a scandalous predicament. But in saying that, am I incorrect in saying that in the past we’ve been in a situation where we’ve played more away games? In which case, that is just as scandalous?

If we were to take this seasons home form as a guide they should want to play us at Ibrox if that is it's points they are interested in.  But since the majority are more interested in gate money they want us on their patch.

The top 6 has already pretty much shaken out.  Rangers, yahoos, sheep, probably hubz plus heartz and one guest yet to be decided. Looks like St Johnstone wont be there for the first time in some years because they allegedly only step up their game for certain matches.

The Record view that I posted on another thread was that Rangers played games away post-split but also played home matches post-split.      :confused:

I prefer to look over the years at how they always conspired to have us play 3 times away at the more difficult parks.

Before our drop into the basement it happened every year is my memory of how it worked.

But what's the answer?

My preference is to go to a bigger league and play each other twice.  I think it would help develop younger players, but I can understand many clubs want Rangers to visit them twice each year for the additional revenue.  So, would you prefer a small number of teams, or fewer games against Celtic, etc?

3 hours ago, Gaffer said:

But what's the answer?

My preference is to go to a bigger league and play each other twice.  I think it would help develop younger players, but I can understand many clubs want Rangers to visit them twice each year for the additional revenue.  So, would you prefer a small number of teams, or fewer games against Celtic, etc?

We already had playing each other twice in an 18 team league. Nobody was interested in Rangers v bottom of the league. Nowadays they couldn't sell the match to tv.

4 games in a top 10 or 12 won't work either, simply because the rules say they have to show the odd match involving 6th against 8th and we end up with the 3 at home/away conundrum. In saying that, international football was formerly in the mix and we had short seasons. Now our national side couldn't beat the Maryhill Stanklifters so won't qualify for anything.

TV want as many Rangers Celtic games as possible and really aren't caring about the rest.

Given the diddies running our football here I've no doubt they'd make an erse of selling that as well.

Must be the first time we (or any team) have played the entire top 6 at home twice - Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs & Killie. Can’t play them all away after the split. It should have gave us an advantage, but Aberdeen are the only ones we beat at Ibrox - while Celtic & Killie are the only one we didn't beat away. Must be cos St Johnstone & Thistle were expected to be top 6. We will probably play Killie & Hibs at Ibrox 3 Times. Hibs can hardly complain having beat us twice there already!