First To 40...

First to 50, anyone confident that we'll be first to 60?

We completed 41 championship titles in the 90's and our 51st came 2 seasons ago (it seems longer). Can we win 9 titles before Craptic secure 19?

Cammy F

Serious question, what indications are there that we'll be back on top on or off the park) any time soon? Or are we just hoping that 'fate' intervenes (as SDM is)?

Cammy F

4 points ahead in "WS league".

Down to more than just a lack of motivation by them imo.

At least domestically we are a lot closer than we were under PLG.

But the league lasts for a full season, not half a season.....

How are we closer? They are 13 points clear with 4 games to go - I hardly call that close.

We have just lost our 5th title in 7 seasons to 'them' and only 2 last day victories has stopped 'them' from racking up 7 in a row.

In those 7 years, the standard of football and standard of player on evidence at Ibrox has gone down rapidly.

We have signed players who are no better than average, run of the mill, SPL players, and I make no apology for saying that average, run of the mill SPL players don't win you titles. If they did, teams like Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee UTD etc would be winning the league.

If we believe that the current squad is good enough, or close enough to match Craptic over next season, we are deluded.

Cammy F

We've done well since WS took over, but its pretty obvious that we don't have the strength of squad to replicate those results over the course of a season, let alone the quality of player needed in key positions to win titles convincingly.

I meant we are closer in terms of the quality of the two teams.

I think the delusion is in beleiving they are that far ahead.

As I say, under WS we're a different, much superior team. We've picked up 4 points more than them since he took over. So in that respect as I say, there doesn't appear to be this chasm in the quality of the sides.

You're right, the league lasts a whole season. So lets se what WS can do from july/august, instead of trying to turn around PLG's mess from halfway through.

This summer will be huge in terms of the title next season.

If Smith improves the midfield and forwardline in the same way he has done the defence then we will be a far better side. If he can go one step further and find a creative "gem" then who knows.....

To ask if we will be the first to 60, Id seriously fancy us to do that. You have to remember they need 19 titles and we need 9 - now thats almost 30 years of football - crikey, thats a lot - I havent even been alive for 30 years of football yet :) - Who knows things an happen in football and neither could reach the 60 as we could end up being in an Atlantic League or something!!!

Anyway, Im not blind to the fact that The Club also needs surgery, its not just the team!

Personally Im looking forward to seeing what happens in the summer and who we bring in.

I think next season is massive and will determine if a lot of fans think about not going to Ibrox, there has to be sufficient money made available and spent well or there are going to be some rteaction from the fans, how much can we, should we take.WS is the man that is under pressure now.

The thing is some seem to think that only we are going to strengthen our squad and that the dark side will rest on their laurels. the fact is they will have 10mill

CL money to spend so they will also be raising the bar with a few signings. We have to hope our signings if any will blend in quicker and be better signings but to be honest Celtic seem to have done better in this department in recent years. I agree it is swings and roundabouts but the circle may take a few years yet to get back round to us.

I think we will hit 60 first but the tims may hit 50 before we do it.