Precious West Ham Utd

There are 20 teams in the English Premier League. At the end of every season the three teams with the worst cumulative performance are relegated. It isn’t a complex arrangement and, since it’s the same each year, most people know how it works. 

Except, it seems, the fans of West Ham Utd, who apparently feel they are so entitled to Premier League status that pitch invasions are an acceptable defence against impending relegation. 

Thankfully fans of most other  clubs have more respect for football. 

Edited by Bill

27 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

They are protesting against their owners; they've been relegated before without such recourse.

I know what they’re protesting about, I just think they should do it off the pitch and show some respect for the game and their opponents. 

13 hours ago, Bill said:

I know what they’re protesting about, I just think they should do it off the pitch and show some respect for the game and their opponents. 

I understand, and am sympathetic to, the protests, but I agree, there are better ways to go about it.

It's more fundamental than just the form of protest, it's about being mature enough and sporting enough to accept defeat (relegation) when it happens. What would these West Ham fans care about any other club that is relegated?

There seems to be more than a hint of entitlement about the attitude of these and some other fans. No one likes to see their club relegated, that's a given, but when it happens you get on with it and try to bounce back. If the West Ham fans have a problem with their board or manager then they need to find a way to influence them, otherwise stop trashing the sport.

I am sure that the Club, and the offending supporters, will be, well,.......hammered.

On a more serious note, I wonder if The Irons could get out of their contract to lease the white elephant, if they so wished. 

If not, is there some way they could pay the rent, which is not ruinous,  and use it for reserve games, moving the 1st XI back to the East End, proper; or has Upton Park been sold? 

Unless there is room for manoevre, lease wise, it seems that the Dildo Brothers have made a cee blank blank tee of it,

and the supporters may have to accept matters as they stand. 

Of course the great panacea for all the ills would be a winning team on the park, consistent top 8 finishes, and a Cup win. 

5 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I am sure that the Club, and the offending supporters, will be, well,.......hammered.

On a more serious note, I wonder if The Irons could get out of their contract to lease the white elephant, if they so wished. 

If not, is there some way they could pay the rent, which is not ruinous,  and use it for reserve games, moving the 1st XI back to the East End, proper; or has Upton Park been sold

Unless there is room for manoevre, lease wise, it seems that the Dildo Brothers have made a cee blank blank tee of it,

and the supporters may have to accept matters as they stand. 

Of course the great panacea for all the ills would be a winning team on the park, consistent top 8 finishes, and a Cup win. 

qVAcL2Y.jpg