Club 1872 meeting with Dave King

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

I'd agree with your first point.

The club has used some of its assets as security to obtain funding from Close Brothers. The club are unlikely to be willing to give away security to the support when they may need it to keep existing funding and obtain additional funding over the next few years.

I know. Why don't we create a season ticket monies escrow account? Now where have I heard that idea before...:whistle:

2 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

I know. Why don't we create a season ticket monies escrow account? Now where have I heard that idea before...:whistle:

I don't think that idea was ever really meant to be a goer, more a ruse to scare the asset stripers Green /Ashley co.

Just now, aweebluesoandso said:

I don't think that idea was ever really meant to be a goer, more a ruse to scare the asset stripers Green /Ashley co.

5 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Unfortunately, there's no sarcasm emoticon mate or I'd have used that instead.

I wasn't being serious.

Just now, Soulsonic5791 said:

Unfortunately, there's no sarcasm emoticon mate or I'd have used that instead.

I wasn't being serious.

Aye i got your sarcasm there, i was just reminiscing, it's always enjoyable remembering how even the clever guys can sometimes use daft ideas to garner support.

1 hour ago, aweebluesoandso said:

That's quite a statement, C1872 hasn't nominated any one as yet, but you deem he or she has nothing to offer. So amongst how many Rangers supporters around the globe, some very high profile Bears. Who some are self made multi millionaires, politicians, QC, ex Military and none have nothing to offer. I heard of talking ourselves down but that really is going to far.

We really need to stop being so obvious in our thinking. The point is exactly the one you emphasise - that the person isn't the issue but the platform he/she stands on. Surely that's becoming obvious after all this time.

Edited by Bill

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

The point is exactly the one you emphasise - that the person isn't the issue but the platform he/she stands on. Surely that's becoming obvious after all this time.

Sorry Bill i missed your nuance in  your post.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Just now, aweebluesoandso said:

Sorry Bill i missed your nuance in post.

What I'm saying is there's a fundamental divergence of objectives between running a company and supporting a football club ... and those in a position to give the supporters what they believe is good for them (a seat on the board) believe that a supporter on the board will be a hinderance to the good management of the company. If that wasn't the case you would have seen a supporter-appointed director long ago. It's not an issue of who that director is or what experience he/she brings but that the board is always going to be uncomfortable with whether his/her motives are compatible with the present incumbents. That's life in the boardroom stakes and it's time C1872 rose above its ambitions and admitted as much to those who part with their money every month.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

What I'm saying is there's a fundamental divergence of objectives between running a company and supporting a football club ... and those in a position to give the supporters what they believe is good for them (a seat on the board) believe that a supporter on the board will be a hinderance to the good management of the company. If that wasn't the case you would have seen a supporter-appointed director long ago. It's not an issue of who that director is or what experience he/she brings but that the board is always going to be uncomfortable with whether his/her motives are compatible with the present incumbents. That's life in the boardroom stakes and it's time C1872 rose above its ambitions and admitted as much to those who part with their money every month.

I get what you are saying, we are frequently told that there are already Rangers supporters in the boardroom, however i don't think  there's many who would disagree with the idea that the board don't always defend the club or the support as much as they should do. The PR is a shambles at times too, there are two reasons for me that a dedicated fans rep would be a good addition to the boardroom, to make those issues more of a relevance for the club.

But i agree C1872 has a decision to make do they keep after their board representative or do they try something of an alternative?  Should the club board not also come out and say categorically no supporters rep, or a supporters rep, will be invited on to the board, so they have a decision also to make.

At the moment i'm happy contributing to C1872, however deciding what the way forward for them is, might make me rethink what i want to do with my money.

3 minutes ago, aweebluesoandso said:

I get what you are saying, we are frequently told that there are already Rangers supporters in the boardroom, however i don't think  there's many who would disagree with the idea that the board don't always defend the club or the support as much as they should do. The PR is a shambles at times too, there are two reasons for me that a dedicated fans rep would be a good addition to the boardroom, to make those issues more of a relevance for the club.

But i agree C1872 has a decision to make do they keep after their board representative or do they try something of an alternative?  Should the club board not also come out and say categorically no supporters rep, or a supporters rep, will be invited on to the board, so they have a decision also to make.

At the moment i'm happy contributing to C1872, however deciding what the way forward for them is, might make me rethink what i want to do with my money.

The issue with the PR and media is important, but we don't need a seat on the board to address that.  We need to lobby the board, present a proposal to fix it and perhaps even offer to fund it in part.