[FT] Motherwell 2 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 52 pen; Murphy 53)

I'm gonna stick my neck out here.

Graeme will play the same way he always has with no change in formation. Docherty will be the midfield grunt whilst Goss will do his usual wanting all the time in the world to lift his head to pick a pass. Josh Windass might be more productive if space is created for him. Jason Cummings will drop back to the bench and Alfredo will replace him.

Expect another battle guys.

53 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

I'm gonna stick my neck out here.

Graeme will play the same way he always has with no change in formation. Docherty will be the midfield grunt whilst Goss will do his usual wanting all the time in the world to lift his head to pick a pass. Josh Windass might be more productive if space is created for him. Jason Cummings will drop back to the bench and Alfredo will replace him.

Expect another battle guys.

You're probably right but it doesn't provoke the same discussion... :whistle:

It's ironic that we have an abundance of central midfield players, yet we have few wingers, so the diamond suits us, but the wingers we do have (Murphy and Candeias) are arguably our best players. 

14 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It's ironic that we have an abundance of central midfield players, yet we have few wingers, so the diamond suits us, but the wingers we do have (Murphy and Candeias) are arguably our best players. 

Bad planning or bad luck?  Probably a bit of both when we consider injuries to both McCrorie and Jack.

I think there's scope for a change in system but we're maybe still a few weeks away from being able to do so.  Still a risk that we're too predictable in that time so difficult to say change it or not.

32 minutes ago, Frankie said:

You're probably right but it doesn't provoke the same discussion... :whistle:

True Frankie - I've already banged that drum! Maybe Graeme will surprise me on Saturday.

What you can put the kettle on for is that Robinson will have them fired up to get tore in.

Cedric Kipre needs a wee Ray Wilkins on Paul McStay.

All in the interests of good karma you understand... :)

This game will tell us a lot about the character of some of our players and their leadership capabilities. If any of them hide then they should not be considered for the SF. Alves has done very little overall and I fear he will struggle with the pace of this one but he still has a physical presence.  

It would be nice if the ref protected players more against this team of thugs but as that is a forlorn hope so our players will need to protect themselves. Perhaps Alves can at least lead the way on that front.