Rangers And Vaporized Partnership

31 minutes ago, boabie said:

Maybe 10 years ago I took my wife and youngest daughter there and couldn't believe the changes.

Saddest thing was the beach. I used to collect a bucket of mussels and whelks every day for the next days food. When we revisited I could find one of either on any rock for hundreds of yards along the beach.

That has to be a good thing no?:D, no idea why that is? I don't eat fish of any kind!.

1 hour ago, boabie said:

Maybe 10 years ago I took my wife and youngest daughter there and couldn't believe the changes.

Saddest thing was the beach. I used to collect a bucket of mussels and whelks every day for the next days food. When we revisited I could find one of either on any rock for hundreds of yards along the beach.

One of my bucket list things while back in Scotland was getting a few bags of whelks. Love them.

On my honeymoon on my first marriage we had a caravan on one of the Scottish lochs. I went out and picked a pail of mussels and ate them all. I spent the rest of my honeymoon in bed extremely sick with food poisoning. I went back a few years later and there was a sign up. Do not pick mussels from here they are radioactive.

Just now, pete said:

One of my bucket list things was getting a few bags of whelks. Love them.

On my honeymoon on my first marriage we had a caravan on one of the Scottish lochs. I went out and picked a pail of mussels and ate them all. I spent the rest of my honeymoon in bed extremely sick with food poisoning. I went back a few years later and there was a sign up. Do not pick mussels from here they are radioactive.

Seafood is way too dodgy!and it stinks!

18 hours ago, ian1964 said:

That has to be a good thing no?:D, no idea why that is? I don't eat fish of any kind!.

Too many buckets when I was a kid led me to the same result. I don't eat fish of any kind either.

I'd no choice back then. With my granda spending every ha'penny in the pub or bookies it was eat shellfish or starve. I got handed sixpence each morning and went to Port Setons open air swimming pool. I was in there from 9am until 6pm rain or shine. One morning I got hoovered up along with the borstal boys who were allowed to use it in the mornings before it opened to the public.             :D

2 minutes ago, boabie said:

Too many buckets when I was a kid led me to the same result. I don't eat fish of any kind either.

I'd no choice back then. With my granda spending every ha'penny in the pub or bookies it was eat shellfish or starve. I got handed sixpence each morning and went to Port Setons open air swimming pool. I was in there from 9am until 6pm rain or shine. One morning I got hoovered up along with the borstal boys who were allowed to use it in the mornings before it opened to the public.             :D

Aye, the pond hall, remember it well, I am from Tranent and we used to walk down often, it no longer exists. We must have had great summers back then to use an outdoor pool :D

The Borstal boys, from St Josephs, they were mostly from the west.