An audacious chip from Ryan Hardie

If we’re not using Cummings what would the argument be for Hardie?  

I must admit i  it I thought Windass was turning the corner and I for one could hardly stand the sight of him in a rangers shirt a few months ago. I’m afraid I’m back in that place. Motherwell was a real test of the team and players and he in particular failed abysmally, even during our good spell on Saturday he wasn’t the catalyst and never looked like doing anything apart from giving away stupid free kicks. If Windass is in the starting line up for Rangers then we either have bad management or poor alternatives or both.  

The only role I could see for him would be an impact player but even then it is more often than not going to be a waste of a substitute. 

Id take a million. I’m sure there are English League 1 teams can use him. 

Edited by Walterbear

Yeah, Hardie certainly can score goals but he's very much a player who likes to get in behind and/or play in the box so he'd struggle to get in our team without playing with a striking partner.

I've found it interesting that he always goes on loan to the lower division but a top tier team hasn't taken him.

On 4/1/2018 at 04:11, ian1964 said:

And he want on to get a second goal to give them a 4-3 win after being 3-0 down. And all that in a cameo appearance after coming off the bench for the final 20 minutes.

Don't know if anyone has seen Rangers main site reports on loan players,all players on loan were quoted by full names except you know who?Ryan Hardie maybe they don't see him as worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Don't know if anyone has seen Rangers main site reports on loan players,all players on loan were quoted by full names except you know who?Ryan Hardie maybe they don't see him as worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rangers Loan Review

RYAN HARDIE – LIVINGSTON

Hardie continued his goalscoring form by bagging the second goal of the game for Livingston against Dumbarton in a 3-0 away win at Youy Radio 103FM Stadium. Lee Miller scored the first goal of the game, with Raffaele De Vita scoring the third goal just after half time.

Apps: 11
Goals: 9

https://rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/rangers-loan-review-13/

Yes "RYAN HARDIE" was used in the header but only his surname used in the report which gives full names of the other two scorers.

In all the other reports as well as each Ger being named in full in the header they were also given either their full name or christian name in the narrative following.

Given that Miller and Herrera will most likely be off (the first team roster) next season, I'd give Hardie another two year deal and assurance, that he'll be given game time next to Morelos and Cummings on the roster. That would be three young and lethal strikers to start the season with. He was never given a chance with the first team and unless you get some sort of understanding with the quality folk around you, how can you develop into a fully developed striker - like Cummings was at Hibs?

I would expect that the new manager will get at least one more striker of his chosing into the side though.

Edited by der Berliner