Rodgers Wants Rangers In First Game After Split

I get a feeling that Rodgers is entirely unconcerned about "showcasing" Scottish football but having nightmares that he could somehow still blow this with the winning post in sight. Two of the 5 he will be facing have already beaten him while another 2 have taken points from him in games which he was arguably fortunate to take a share of the spoils.

If memory serves only the sheep of the 5 have taken nothing from him. Maybe he should be wishing for them first. 

Edited by JFK-1

This scenario happened in 2012 - albeit before the split so it was unavoidable.

Anyway, I don’t recall any trouble.  The Celtic support were disgraceful in 1999 but, to be fair, it was nearly 20 years ago.  I think Rodgers makes a fair point.

It was unavoidable in 2012 and we stopped them. 

If you think the yahoos are any less rabid than they were in 1999, I suggest you take a quick glance at their online obsession and wee boys getting bottled.  

The Rangers fans would react better.  Of that I have no doubt.  We'd all be sickened but we don't spend our lives obsessing about their weird club.  It's all down to them. 

16 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

The Celtic support were disgraceful in 1999 but, to be fair, it was nearly 20 years ago.  I think Rodgers makes a fair point.

This is an example caught on camera of the current behaviour of their support.

skysports-mbappe-celtic-psg_4098901.jpg?

7 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

This is an example caught on camera of the current behaviour of their support.

skysports-mbappe-celtic-psg_4098901.jpg?

He's just offering the PSG player a fag and informing him of the Basque separatist movement.  

5 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I get a feeling that Rodgers is entirely unconcerned about "showcasing" Scottish football but having nightmares that he could somehow still blow this with the winning post in sight. Two of the 5 he will be facing have already beaten him while another 2 have taken points from him in games which he was arguably fortunate to take a share of the spoils.

If memory serves only the sheep of the 5 have taken nothing from him. Maybe he should be wishing for them first. 

Lol.  Absolutely NO CHANCE is he having such nightmares.  The league effectively ended when they beat us at Ibrox.

You mention all but Aberdeen have taken points from them this season but fail to mention that Celtic still have a better record against all the other top 6 teams than those others have.

The need for Celtic to drop that many points is more than just a little dramatic, even though not impossible..... though it may as well be.

They are 13 points ahead with 15 to play for.  If Rodgers is having nightmares then the other managers must be suicidal.

The notion he is fearful is just silly.

9 hours ago, Unicorn said:

This scenario happened in 2012 - albeit before the split so it was unavoidable.

Anyway, I don’t recall any trouble.  The Celtic support were disgraceful in 1999 but, to be fair, it was nearly 20 years ago.  I think Rodgers makes a fair point.

The scum fans are far worse than they were back then! scum will always be scum!.