Your Team v The Scum

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Wes
Tav Martin Alves John

.........McCrorie

... Holt........Dorrans

..........Miller.....Murphy

..........Morelos

How can you go for Holt over Docherty, and Miller over Candeias?!?!

It's a team for a specific game.

I think Holt has shown he can do a job in these type of games and whilst Docherty has more of a future, he has a tendency to lose the ball far too often, often undoing the good work of winning it in the first place.

Miller is a player who can hurt Celtic. His mentality for these types of games tends to be spot-on and he has a game and a goal under his belt from last weekend. It's tough on Candeias but it's a formation thing and Tav is a very good outlet to have on the right.

I think Ian has a good team there. The 4-1-4-1 looks solid, if we play it tight -- and Murty usually does against them, to be fair. 

Foderingham

Tavernier - Martin - Alves - John

Goss

Candeias - Docherty - McCrorie - Murphy

Morelos

I like Goss' control, but he's not a presser; more a sitter, covering passing lanes. He's a decent sitter, but will need energy in front of him, which McCrorie and Docherty have in abundance.

Dorrans might be a more solid option, though; in which case, McCrorie would play DM and Dorrans further forward (Ian's team):

Foderingham

Tavernier - Martin - Alves - John

McCrorie

Candeias - Docherty - Dorrans - Murphy

Morelos

Tav, Martin, Alves, John.

The last bastion of the defence. I’m sorry for the ‘keeper. But I suppose there’s nobody else so I’d put McRorie into the back line and put Alves on the ‘plane to Madrid.

Just now, buster. said:

It's a team for a specific game.

I think Holt has shown he can do a job in these type of games and whilst Docherty has more of a future, he has a tendency to lose the ball far too often, often undoing the good work of winning it in the first place.

Miller is a player who can hurt Celtic. His mentality for these types of games tends to be spot-on and he has a game and a goal under his belt from last weekend. It's tough on Candeias but it's a formation thing and Tav is a very good outlet to have on the right.

I like Holt, but I've lost count the number of times he gets pushed off the ball against them; he just doesn't have the strength. 

I don't agree with Miller over Candeias: Candeias is just superior in every way, even against them -- he dominated Tierney in the last game, so we can't omit him. 

Just now, Scott7 said:

Tav, Martin, Alves, John.

The last bastion of the defence. I’m sorry for the ‘keeper. But I suppose there’s nobody else so I’d put McRorie into the back line and put Alves on the ‘plane to Madrid.

McCrorie in front on Alves works well, though.

Alves was probably best when McCrorie was in front, doing the running, allowing Alves to cover and 'blooter' headers back up the pitch.

I am thinking Dorrans can be the main support to Morelos, I don't think we can leave Candeias or Murphy out of the team just now! Candeias has given the £30m LB is hardest matches this season and his assists just can't be ignored. Murphy is a player who will look to take players on and can score, both give balance to the team.

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I like Holt, but I've lost count the number of times he gets pushed off the ball against them; he just doesn't have the strength. 

I don't agree with Miller over Candeias: Candeias is just superior in every way, even against them -- he dominated Tierney in the last game, so we can't omit him. 

Holt has played in the two draws at Parkhead and the SC semi-final in 2016, so he has it in him to do a job and he is one of the few in our squad who know what it is to put Celtic out of the Cup. I think mentality and belief will be important, we need players who genuinely believe we'll go out and win, Miller is one of those types,...and another with experience of beating them many times.

Take off your rose tinted glasses wrt to Docherty. He is a work-in-progress and has a lot of improving to do and experience to gain.

When he develops into a better decision-maker, he'll become more (net) effective.