Morelos

Radical?

Hold my beer.

Foderingham

McCrorie - Alves - Wallace

Goss

Tavernier - Docherty - Dorrans

Candeias - Morelos - Murphy

Think Man City. Tavernier/Candeias and Dorrans/Murphy interchanging in the half-space and wing. Tavernier can drop back to make a 4-3-3. Goss like Fernandinho, and Docherty moving about to create overloads like De Bruyne.

Pointless, but fun. :D 

I can dream...

3 hours ago, buster. said:

Having someone like Candeias on the bench wouldn't be such a bad thing in that even if he doesn't start, he can still play an important part in the game. 

I think we have to prioritise giving protection to the centre-backs and being solid in midfield.

With that you look to keep a clean sheet and build a base from which to work from.

Exposing our flanks far too much with your suggested line up. The idea of leaving them a free run at our full backs scares the shit out of me. 

Agree with Ian. Better keeping Candeias and Murphy, sticking Dorrans 'in the hole', McCrorie screening and Docherty trying to do a bit of defending and attacking as required? I'd rather play McCrorie in defence to be honest but central midfield needs some tackling. Guess Holt could come into midfield McCrorie drop back. But it's a fine state of affairs that we have two experienced international centre backs in the squad and I'd rather be playing two kids.

For what it's worth, in my opinion we need players that have the skill and commitment to deliver a performance at the weekend.  That's means McCrorie, Docherty, Dorrans, Morelos, Tav, John, Candeias and Murphy all have to play.  Who the others are matters, but all of these players should start.  I wouldn't risk Miller or Holt because they both lack the skill and control we need in such a high tempo game, although their commitment can't be questioned.  I'd be inclined to persist with Goss because he at least has the composure and skill we need in these games.  That means it's then down to Alves or Martin in defence.  I'm not confident with either so it's a toss up for me.  In fact, I'd throw the dice and go with the result.  A 1 means Martin, a 2 means Alves, and a 3, 4, 5 and 6 means Frankie, Compo, Pete, and Rousseau respectively.  It really wouldn't matter which if those six played. ?

Keep it simple 4 4 2 .

Alnwick

Tavernier

McCrorie

Martin

John

Candeias

Holt

Dorrans

Murphy

Morelos

Cummings .                                   

Edited by compo
missed one

7 hours ago, buster. said:

Wes
Tav Martin Alves John

.........McCrorie

... Holt........Dorrans

..........Miller.....Murphy

..........Morelos

That team line up is poor.

Miller over Candeais ????  Has a Tim taken over your account buster ? :D 

7 hours ago, buster. said:

Having someone like Candeias on the bench wouldn't be such a bad thing in that even if he doesn't start, he can still play an important part in the game. 

I think we have to prioritise giving protection to the centre-backs and being solid in midfield.

With that you look to keep a clean sheet and build a base from which to work from.

Eh ?  You think that Miller gives you a more solid base in midfield than Candeias ?  You must be at it buster.

Candeias probably does more tracking than any other midfielder we have... but you want to bench him.... to make us more solid in midfield.... by using Miller :shock:

10 minutes ago, craig said:

Eh ?  You think that Miller gives you a more solid base in midfield than Candeias ?  You must be at it buster.

Candeias probably does more tracking than any other midfielder we have... but you want to bench him.... to make us more solid in midfield.... by using Miller :shock:

It's not really Miller for Candeias, it's a different formation.

Anyway, this thread asked for "your team", not instruction that was to be passed on to the manager :D

Edited by buster.