New manager rumours

2 hours ago, MrGaryValentine said:

Yeh that’s all my point is. 

Some will say because Murty has failed we should never touch a youth coach when there has been success elsewhere. 

Every top manager has been given a break at some point.

Mourinho effectively started out as an interpreter at Barca.... didn't do him too much harm.

3 hours ago, colinstein said:

thought we were doing ok on the youth development side. Has that not been sorted ?

Yes, for the most part it has.  Not sure where or why SBS says differently.  We had Gilmour recently who was wanted by every EPL side plus some other European clubs including Barcelona.  The kid was with us since a very early age.  Just because he never broke through at Rangers doesn't say he wouldn't have had he stayed.

The kid was developed by Rangers and wanted by global powerhouses - that suggests that there is much good happening at the youth development level within the club.  And, yes, this is just one example - the club also have other youths who are very highly thought of too.

One thing which often gets lost in this whole "youth development" debate is the UEFA 90 minute rule - we are curtailed in just how far we can spread the net for youths - to sign a youth without the 90 minute rule they need to be "of age" - they need to be 16 to be able to travel by themselves and play for the club.  Younger than that and they need a parent - the big clubs down south get round it by "employing" their parents, moving whole families to within the catchment area.

Doesn't sit with the "agenda" for some though.

1 hour ago, pete said:

That would really frighten me and make me 100% certain that Ashely is still pulling strings in the background.

That's just silly.

Newcastle are in 10th place in the EPL.  Even Ashley wouldn't want rid of him.

If it was true then I would suggest quite the opposite to what you have.  Ashley wouldn't want rid of Benitez because Benitez has done a fantastic job in keeping Newcastle up, let alone in the top half.  The Newcastle fans would go even more ballistic at Ashley if he got rid of Benitez.

You seem to be linking anything Ashley has ever touched his hands on and suggesting that this means he is controlling things.  Sometimes things aren't actually there.

1 hour ago, pete said:

Yes but sometimes the unbelievable happens.

Like Ashely just like magic got up and walked out. like Hummel outlet is Sportdirect 1 letter from sportsdirect and then we all of a sudden got Benitez. A hell of a lot of coincidences there nearer the hundred.

1.  Ashley didn't just walk out

2.  Sportdirect is not necessarily sportsdirect

3.  Benitez is only a rumour

Deary me - no, you are much closer to the 100 than you like to think.

31 minutes ago, compo said:

whats going on at the roof of the govan stand I passed today on my way back from hospital and its all covered in scaffold looks like theres going to be a mass hanging 

Repairs, they announced it a number of weeks ago.

1 hour ago, pete said:

Yes but sometimes the unbelievable happens.

Like Ashely just like magic got up and walked out. like Hummel outlet is Sportdirect 1 letter from sportsdirect and then we all of a sudden got Benitez. A hell of a lot of coincidences there nearer the hundred.

Pete you are sounding like Phil 3 Names here...

Neil Warnock is far and away the best manager mentioned so far, he has got results everywhere he has gone. And he has gone to a lot of clubs. Can’t see him ditching Cardiff though, but he never sticks around anywhere long though. Would certainly give Rogers something to think about next season.