Moving forward

Morelos chucked it after about 5 minutes today. The problem isn’t Murtys system, it’s the fact he doesn’t know how to change it. Alves & Miller should’ve started instead of Dorrans & Halliday, with McCrorie in midfield. Alves gets stick but he is far better than Martin, while McCrorie is more a DM than a CB for me. The players weren’t motivated either, but I actually think the 4-5-1 worked well against them at Ibrox. It was just poor defending & finishing cost us the 3 points.

5 hours ago, 917 said:

Morelos chucked it after about 5 minutes today. The problem isn’t Murtys system, it’s the fact he doesn’t know how to change it. Alves & Miller should’ve started instead of Dorrans & Halliday, with McCrorie in midfield. Alves gets stick but he is far better than Martin, while McCrorie is more a DM than a CB for me. The players weren’t motivated either, but I actually think the 4-5-1 worked well against them at Ibrox. It was just poor defending & finishing cost us the 3 points.

I really don't blame the guy even if he did chuck it , which I don't believe he did , to play 1 up front and get absolutely no support to him is criminal , and we do it game in game out , it's no wonder he looks dejected .

Edited by rbr

3 hours ago, rbr said:

I really don't blame the guy even if he did chuck it , which I don't believe he did , to play 1 up front and get absolutely no support to him is criminal , and we do it game in game out , it's no wonder he looks dejected .

A lot has been said about Morelos, some fair, some not so fair. Yes, he is given a thankless task due to Murty's system and over and above that he is frustrated at the lack of service and little wonder given that Murphy and Candeias are expected to provide it.

But there is increasing evidence that the boy plays for himself. He shushed the Govan and the Copland for scoring a tap in last week (own goal right there) and since his head has been turned with the Chinese stuff his selfishness has rocketed. The clip I posted neatly illustrates how the guy tends to play now and Docherty was well entitled to go off his head at him - I'd have done the same. The way he ran towards Doc after it, I'd have been tempted to confront him there and then on the pitch a la McCoist and Gascoigne.

But for f***'s sake, spare us this bullshit of excusing him for downing tools.

30 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

A lot has been said about Morelos, some fair, some not so fair. Yes, he is given a thankless task due to Murty's system and over and above that he is frustrated at the lack of service and little wonder given that Murphy and Candeias are expected to provide it.

But there is increasing evidence that the boy plays for himself. He shushed the Govan and the Copland for scoring a tap in last week (own goal right there) and since his head has been turned with the Chinese stuff his selfishness has rocketed. The clip I posted neatly illustrates how the guy tends to play now and Docherty was well entitled to go off his head at him - I'd have done the same. The way he ran towards Doc after it, I'd have been tempted to confront him there and then on the pitch a la McCoist and Gascoigne.

But for f***'s sake, spare us this bullshit of excusing him for downing tools.

It's not bullshit at all , the clip you showed was late in the game , he had every right to be frustrated , as for playing for himself , he's expected to do that just about every game , he's a 21 year old kid who's played now for a season and a half non stop , he's our best striker by miles and top scorer  , it's not his fault the way Murty sets us up to play , but yes let's blame it all on him .

Did I say let's blame it all on him? Come on, play fair.

If you or anyone else for that matter want to give any of them a free pass for lack of effort, for whatever reason, especially against Celtic, then good luck to you.

And for the record, I don't subscribe to the notion that Morelos didn't try yesterday before I'm accused of promoting that thinking. I was merely saying that his selfishness is becoming an issue.

4 hours ago, rbr said:

Within what 10 minutes of the game starting, you could see we where playing the same old system that we played the last three times against them. it didn't work then and you could see it wasn't going to work again, you didn't need to be Jose Mourinho to read the script.

Morelos works his bollocks off, but it's a totally wasted 90 minutes against them for him, his lack of scoring hasn't helped, he rushes it in the final seconds, a rush of blood to his head. But i blame the system that clearly dysfunctional especially against them. The manager picks the system and to keep doing the same thing over and over again when it's not working is stupidity.

Soulsonic i am not givibg anyone a free pass , i thought we were gutless , woeful , cowardly i could go on and on.

Aweebluesoandso, i dont tgink we did play the same , at Ibrox we played with a high press , and got in about them , yesterday we never made a single tackle of note in the first half , it was pathetic but we do this against every team , we could make Brechin look like Brazil the way we stand off teams .

• Frankie changed the title to Moving forward