Alistair Johnston Statement Discussion: Murty to remain in place

7 minutes ago, buster. said:

Generally AJ has been fairly precise with his language unless legalities have prevented him.

I'd say that the quotes in that article come accross as an uncharacteristically desperate attempt at an informal holding statement.

Aye?

Did you witness his performance at his Chairman's address for the AGM in 2010 or 11 (can't remember which)? A bumbling speech littered with Freudian slips if ever there was one. I sat there thinking to myself 'this guy is high up in IMG?' He was like a first year undergrad giving his first ever powerpoint presentation.

Edited by Soulsonic5791

Just now, Soulsonic5791 said:

Aye?

Did you witness his performance at his Chairman's address for the AGM in 2010 or 11 (can't remember which)? A bumbling speech littered with Freudian slips if ever there was one. I sat their thinking to myself 'this guy is high up in IMG?' He was like a first year undergrad giving his first ever powerpoint presentation.

Yes

and no, never saw Chairmans address.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

Yes

and no, never saw Chairmans address.

Fair enough. I appreciate he may be hamstrung but surely any statements should be handled by the Chairman or at the very least the MD?

Alistair chips in from time to time and usually it is prudent to take note of what he says, such as his institutional failure soundbite. I wonder if we can take from his alleged statement that Graeme's future hasn't actually been decided?

Of course that could be in relation to his continued employment at the club in any capacity, never mind manager.

I don't think there is any alternative other than to allow Murty to continue until the end of the season  in charge of the first team.All that remains is EL qualification.

But the board really must address the manager's position at the end of the season. Of all the names mentioned only Steve Clarke should be of any interest.

Edited by RANGERRAB

8 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I don't think there is any alternative other than to allow Murty to continue until the end of the season  in charge of the first team.All that remains is EL qualification.

But the board really must address the manager's position at the end of the season. Of all the names mentioned only Steve Clarke should be of any interest.

Do you not think Jimmy Nicholl is qualified to take charge until the end of the season?

52 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

H&H - this is bound to be interesting...

Curiously, James the contributor forgot that Wallace (and Niko) had been effectively suspended by Pedro on the night of his last game. Miller of course had his past (understandably) held against him.

and Ian the other contributor seems to allude to something along these lines...

image.jpg

But I know a man who can make a nice cuppa cha'.

Edited by Soulsonic5791