[FT] Rangers 2 - 1 Hearts (Cummings, Candeias)

Excellent summing up of the situation, Pete !

If we don't get a win on Sunday, it's difficult to see where we'll get one at all post-split.

Post the very different circumstances of the victorious semi-final in 2016, we played 5 games and didn't win any. I see that month as the moment when something important changed and we entered what has become a long omnishambolic period wrt the first team affairs. One that I thought had perhaps ended at the beginning of this year, but I was wrong.

'Flashing Blade' /....those were the days xD

I disagree that the crowd will start to turn if there is a lacklustre first half. The crowd will turn unless there is a blistering first five minutes and an opening goal followed by more at regular intervals and plenty of incidents to keep people’s attention on the field of play and not on their several devices. You see, without incident - dirty Hearts, cheating ref -  many will clear off to the pub after the third goal (we should be so lucky)

Rangers supporters - the greatest in the world? Probably. But not at a match at Ibrox.

• Frankie changed the title to Rangers v Hearts match preview
47 minutes ago, pete said:

Frankie when I write a new topic the centre option to centre the team is not open to me. Can you have a look at that or am I missing something?

You centred the title at the start of your preview so you just need to select the team and centre that at as well. 

I was certainly able to edit it in that regard.

Find it really difficult to pick a team for this week.

I do suspect though the system will change back to 4-2-3-1 and I'd imagine the manager will give the players who struggled so badly on Sunday a chance to rectify that.

Personally I'd like to see Cummings come into the side and I'd also drop at least one of Docherty and Dorrans who've both struggled badly recently.

I'm desperate for a complete change to Murty's tactics. We might not have endless options in the squad but surely it's clear even to him that this isn't effective at home when teams come and shut up shop.

Like Pete I think it's time to shake it up and try a 4-4-2 formation. I'd also like to see Murty start Halliday and let's see what Morelos can do as an impact sub.

Foderingham

Tavernier Martin McCrorie John

Candeias Docherty Dorrans Halliday

Cummings Windass 

Unlike Pete I think Maggie Thatcher must have been hugely popular with a lot of Scots if she managed to get more votes than Labour scraped up last time. xD It's hard not to get out of touch locked away in that Wassenaar mansion.

5 hours ago, Frankie said:

You centred the title at the start of your preview so you just need to select the team and centre that at as well. 

I was certainly able to edit it in that regard.

I centred the title in my words document that brought it centred on here. I wrote the team straight in here. If I open start a new post even now then there is no left  centre right options. Strange that you can centre even in edit I don't get the centre options.

9 minutes ago, pete said:

I centred the title in my words document that brought it centred on here. I wrote the team straight in here. If I open start a new post even now then there is no left  centre right options. Strange that you can centre even in edit I don't get the centre options.

Beware the high heid yins

sending subtle messages

:D