The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

33 minutes ago, craig said:

Sky Sports reporting Barisic is already in Scotland discussing terms.  Clubs seemingly have already agreed a fee which “could rise to £2.2 million”.

bargain if so.

striker and creative “10” please and we will be set.

Yep, seeing that from multiple sources now. Medical underway as we speak.

Just now, Whosthedado said:

Possibly play Tav in front of JF?

I am not so sure Tav will be so effective as a wing-half. He will then have a man marking him more often. I think we have also tried it and he wasn't great. Tav is not the quickest of players as you can see in his defending.

2 minutes ago, pete said:

I am not so sure Tav will be so effective as a wing-half. He will then have a man marking him more often. I think we have also tried it and he wasn't great. Tav is not the quickest of players as you can see in his defending.

I was reminded by his penalty yesterday what a magnificent striker of the ball he is. Think he took just a couple of steps and got terrific power on it.

Just now, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Seems strange we're spending a significant figure on an area we're already pretty well provisioned for, particularly given how poor we are in attack. 

yes but as we saw in the two games we just played, he's a very influential player for a LB and a lot of their play flowed through him.   It strikes me as an opportunistic signing, and one we could well make a tidy return on should he work out 

Barsic / EL Eligibility re. group stages (touch wood)

As a rule, a player may not play in the UEFA Champions League and/or UEFA Europa League, for more than one club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally, however, a player who has been fielded in the first, second, third qualifying round or the play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club as from the group stage.

Regulations of the UEFA Europa League 2018-21 Cycle

Page 38

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/55/82/82/2558282_DOWNLOAD.pdf

3 minutes ago, stewarty said:

yes but as we saw in the two games we just played, he's a very influential player for a LB and a lot of their play flowed through him.   It strikes me as an opportunistic signing, and one we could well make a tidy return on should he work out 

He's the type of player we should be signing in terms of age, background and the quality he appears to have. However, we are looking very strong defensively and still very poor going forward. It's going to be a long season if Lafferty and Morelos are the main strkers we have to choose from. And Murphy, Windass etc aren't goods enough for the supporting positions. At least Middleton looks promising. 

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Just now, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Seems strange we're spending a significant figure on an area we're already pretty well provisioned for, particularly given how poor we are in attack. 

We have plenty of LB bodies...but how many are of the standard the SG is looking for???

Is Flannigan actually a LB??  If Barisic comes in we'll also have Tav, Flannigan, Wallace, John & Hodson.  Hodson isn't registered for Europe (I believe), and I'd assume neither is Wallace.  I also can't see Wallace playing for us again.  I think Wallace & Hodson will be moved on in some manner.  That would leave Tav or Flannigan on the right and Barisic or John on the left.