The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

14 minutes ago, craig said:

John rumored to be going to Swansea on loan

I'd offer them 2.5M plus DJ for McBurnie if he was any good but I'm not that keen on the lad, very raw and not sure he'll develop into a real player.

14 minutes ago, buster. said:

I'd offer them 2.5M plus DJ for McBurnie if he was any good but I'm not that keen on the lad, very raw and not sure he'll develop into a real player.

Who, DJ or McBurnie?

I think we missed the boat with McBurnie (assuming we could have got him). I think he's got a huge future ahead of him and he'd have solved our striking problems. His value will double in the coming couple of years imo, but he's signed a 3 year contract and is now first choice and scored on the first game of the season for Swansea.

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Who, DJ or McBurnie?

I think we missed the boat with McBurnie (assuming we could have got him). I think he's got a huge future ahead of him and he'd have solved our striking problems. His value will double in the coming couple of years imo, but he's signed a 3 year contract and is now first choice and scored on the first game of the season for Swansea.

McBurnie

Not that keen on him tbh.

It would appear that the one sure thing to come out of all this will be the end of Wallace career at Rangers. I hope he can find another club before the window closes because he wont be getting a game at this club. 

I'm with buster on McBurnie.  Admittedly havent seen much of the lad but what I saw when he played with Scotland was someone who barely had seen a football before.  

His opening goal of the season for Swansea was a tap-in (nothing wrong with those) so it tells you little about him as a player other than he was in the right place at the right time, on that occasion.  IIRC, it was Barry McKay who set that chance up for him with a more than decent move.

We still need a prolific striker, CB and creative mid if we are being honest. 

But I think Gerrard (and Allen) has done a stellar job in the market so far.  If you look at his signings to date they all look like they can really do a job, including Kent & Ejaria. But McGregor, Arfield, Goldson, Katic, Coulibaly and Flanagan have come in and looked very good.  A far cry from last season when we signed someone like Dalcio and wondered if he had ever played football before.....