The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

On 11/08/2018 at 13:24, buster. said:

Lafferty starts against Celtic.

Will be interesting to see how he does and it could have a material effect on any further negotiation.

Looks like the material effect was in six figures.

I said a while back that 450-550K was a fair price all things considered.

If the 750K number is accurate then it's a matter of how much SG&Co want him / other options.

Yeah the goal on Saturday hasn't really helped us

If they can structure the deal as 400k up front, plus 100k if he scores over ten goals this season, plus another £250K if we win the league then I could see that happening, £750k all in is a no go for me without any of the other caveats.

I can't wait till the transfer window is closed, I'm checking this website every hour and refreshing my twitter feed to find out what's going on.

39 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

As part of this so-called Lafferty deal, why would hertz want LW, a player who's hardly played over the past year ?

I don't think they do Rab, I think that's why the bid got booted out at the weekend, I would imagine Wallace will be with us until the end of the season, I hope he gets his issues sorted out

23 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

I don't think they do Rab, I think that's why the bid got booted out at the weekend, I would imagine Wallace will be with us until the end of the season, I hope he gets his issues sorted out

If we want to offload LW, we'll almost certainly have to pay-up a part of his contract and given the state of relations, I doubt they would be much compromise on offer.

Comes down to if SG&Co think they could use him in the squad (if the political situation 'allowed it') and if not then it'll probably be another pay off.

5 hours ago, Bill said:

With an incomplete squad, I’d rather compete for the domstic league title than worry too much about the EL.

I want the money for the group stage. When you throw in gate money for 3 home ties we could be looking at around £10 million. Plus as has been mentioned it helps enhance the quality of player we could attract in both permanent signings and loans.

There are suggestions from some quarters that landing Solanke on loan from Liverpool may be dependent on reaching the EL group stages.  

5 hours ago, Bill said:

If Gerrard has identified Lafferty as necessary for a league challenge then he should get this signing over the line. If he has better options then we shouldn't be talking to Hearts. An additional £250k to bring on board the right man shouldn't be stopping the deal.

Let's just pray Morelos has a more consistent season this year because Lafferty is nowhere near good enough. 

Lafferty Deal All But Done

Steven Gerrard could be on the brink of his 12th summer signing for Rangers as the deal for Kyle Lafferty “has been finalised” according to a reliable journalist.

Bill Young, from RockSportRadio, made the claim on his personal Twitter account on Monday morning, after Lafferty made the headlines on Saturday, scoring the only goal of the game in a 1-0 win for Hearts against Celtic.

The 30-year-old striker left Rangers six years ago for FC Sion and could now be on the verge of re-signing under Steven Gerrard.

Young added that he didn’t know exactly when the player would be announced but that he suspected it would be midweek.

Fans might be split on the move, with some thinking that Rangers can do better than Lafferty but they should really trust that Gerrard knows what he’s doing here. Lafferty has proved that he’s good enough for the Scottish Premiership and he also proved that he’s got enough in his locked to score against Celtic. His goal inflicted their first defeat of the season and by the time the first Old Firm match of the season comes round, Lafferty could be ready to do it again in the blue of Rangers. We think he’s just what Rangers need to to compliment the mercurial Alfredo Morelos up top. He’s got masses of experience of the division and has scored 36 goals in 134 games for Rangers. He could easily get to 50 by the season end.

Young’s information is solid and he’s said that his source has told him the deal has been finalised. We’d expect Lafferty to become Gerrard’s 12th signing of the summer and that he will be a Rangers player before their game against Maribor on Thursday night.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/08/blogs/lafferty-deal-all-but-done/

Lafferty to be announced on Wednesday, I've heard, and

paraded in the tangerine strip. 

There may also be (good) news on the retail front.

The source is not unimpeachable, so I accept no responsibility for a disappointing morning, after an Athenian victory the night before.