The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

You said we 'banked' £3-4m from our three EL home ties.  

No chance.

We get £200k for each round in prize money. TV income including RTV only game at £5.99ea. First couple rounds average £10 per ticket both sellouts then last round £20 per ticket pretty much a sellout plus hospitality and programs and affiliated extras.Minus policing costs and bonus payments etc should see net profit of at a guess £350k-£500k per round. The biggest bonus is the extra cash in bank giving us options. 

If we qualify for group we get £2.6m prize money plus the money from previous rounds, split of group TV money upto £5m dependant on nations in group. £500k for a win and £200kish for a draw plus ticket money etc as above. 

Then when we win the cup £4m prize money??????

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Cool.  

Must be why we're bringing in so many loans and the likes of Lafferty.  We're indisputably rolling in it, obviously.

No we're not, Leeds and their £6.7m gross TV money are. Obviously.

Though in reality they are running at a loss.

Leeds United Football Club has filed the financial statements for the period ended 30th June 2017 at Companies House.

The accounts show that the club generated a £1m net ‘on paper’ profit- however despite strong revenue growth and improvements in operational cost control, the business required a £14.5million cash injection from Andrea Radrizzani to maintain operations and improve on-field competitiveness.

With a good Euro run we can compete with the likes of Leeds but not with those receiving parachute payments and gambling on a quick return to eldorado.

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I would agree we may be running at a loss but i'm pretty certain we did bank that kind of money.  What were the ticket prices?  I will hazard a guess at round £20 minimum. So 50,000 times 20 = £1 million  times 3 home games =  £3 million before adding on catering and merchandising.

And before deducting expenses...

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

What business?  This is basic arithmetic. Correct my calculations if they're wrong. 50,000 times 20 isn't a million?

It isn’t 50k times 20.  The concession tickets were far cheaper, there will be tickets given to players, sponsors etc.

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Yes I did and we probably did but you're nitpicking it. Sure we all know there will be tax payments but that's still what we're banking in gate money alone given a 50,000 crowd at an average £20 a head. That's indisputable arithmetic.

And the argument was supposed to be that we couldn't compete with the likes of Leeds because they have more TV money. The TV money is £6.7m But that's not net either is it? We only need to maintain a Euro run to more than compete with them and that too is indisputable arithmetic.

Except it is disputable arithmetic as I’ve already stated.

How is their TV money not net ?  What expenditure do they have on TV revenues ?

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

No we're not, Leeds and their £6.7m gross TV money are. Obviously.

Though in reality they are running at a loss.

With a good Euro run we can compete with the likes of Leeds but not with those receiving parachute payments and gambling on a quick return to eldorado.

An “on-paper profit” is their financial result for the season.  That means they were run at a profit, not a loss as you are trying to suggest due to the cash injection.

we are running at a loss AND needing cash injections.

47 minutes ago, craig said:

And before deducting expenses...

This all over the place I would say needlessly over multiple posts which I can't be bothered going over again. Here's the gist of it.

I say with a Euro run thrown in we can compete with the likes of Leeds and their 18K of season tickets and average 20K or so crowds you say we can't. That's your opinion and mine is that we're superior to them in every way aside from their TV money.

And their TV cash isn't net. Unless they pay no tax.

This Lafferty thing has dragged out so much with Hearts just stringing us along for a player we can sign for free in 5 months i'm now completely pissed off with them. I hope we just tell them to go choke on it get Solanke in on a loan then at the end of the year sign Lafferty for free on a pre contract.

Might send a message to others that they shouldn't try to play these games with us.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

This Lafferty thing has dragged out so much with Hearts just stringing us along for a player we can sign for free in 5 months i'm now completely pissed off with them. I hope we just tell them to go choke on it get Solanke in on a loan then at the end of the year sign Lafferty for free on a pre contract.

Might send a message to others that they shouldn't try to play these games with us.

Why wouldn't a club look to get what they perceive as value for a player ?

They aren't there to do as we wish.