Should Jimmy Nicholl be kept on?

9 hours ago, Bearman said:

Jimmy didn't know McCrorie could play effectively in midfield after being here for 4 months. So for that reason he's out. Good footballer in his day.

Time to ditch the past and look forward to a wonderful future.

That's the killer for me....JN is supposed to be a 1st team coach, yet didn't know where key players could play - what's he been doing for the past 4-5 months???

I have to question what he actually brings to the team.  Over the past 2 games, I have not seen any real change or improvement in the team, even though they should know they are playing to impress a new manager.  Last night it was more of the same old problems.  We started brightly enough, moving the ball around then lost the goal & EVERYTHING fell apart - passing, movement, communication....nothing was working.  Kevin Drinkell was saying as much in the commentary.  THAT is where the managers influence has to be seen...not in a confined dressing room.  JN was completely unable to influence or motivate the players after losing the goal - we were chasing ghosts for 30mins.

The previous game, again no much different....struggling to break down the opposition & only grabbing a winner in the dying minutes.

I do accept that JN is only in charge for 3 games, but he's supposedly been working with the team on a daily basis for 4-5 months, yet seems as devoid of ideas as Murty.

I say a total clean sweep for Gerrard when he arrives - clear the decks.

2 hours ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Can Gary Mac convey the same depth of bluenose feeling to the players as Jimmy Nic?

Call me sentimental, but I'd like to think that Jimmy could be retained at the club in some capacity.

Perhaps we should get Durrant, McCoist, McCulloch etc back too. 

6 minutes ago, Darthter said:

That's the killer for me....JN is supposed to be a 1st team coach, yet didn't know where key players could play - what's he been doing for the past 4-5 months???

I have to question what he actually brings to the team.  Over the past 2 games, I have not seen any real change or improvement in the team, even though they should know they are playing to impress a new manager.  Last night it was more of the same old problems.  We started brightly enough, moving the ball around then lost the goal & EVERYTHING fell apart - passing, movement, communication....nothing was working.  Kevin Drinkell was saying as much in the commentary.  THAT is where the managers influence has to be seen...not in a confined dressing room.  JN was completely unable to influence or motivate the players after losing the goal - we were chasing ghosts for 30mins.

The previous game, again no much different....struggling to break down the opposition & only grabbing a winner in the dying minutes.

I do accept that JN is only in charge for 3 games, but he's supposedly been working with the team on a daily basis for 4-5 months, yet seems as devoid of ideas as Murty.

I say a total clean sweep for Gerrard when he arrives - clear the decks.

I agree regards a 'clean sweep' but tbf with Jimmy Nicholl, there was a very limited amount he could do with a team that had already died on its erse and is increasingly short of numbers although I do think we have more points today than we would have done if Murty had stayed in post.

A moot point  but the Ross McCrorie remark might be exactly what it was or a hint at being kept out of the loop somewhat.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

I agree regards a 'clean sweep' but tbf with Jimmy Nicholl, there was a very limited amount he could do with a team that had already died on its erse and is increasingly short of numbers although I do think we have more points today than we would have done if Murty had stayed in post.

A moot point  but the Ross McCrorie remark might be exactly what it was or a hint at being kept out of the loop somewhat.

I disagree...I think GM would have possibly got a win against Aberdeen - he had a good record against them. I certainly don't think he'd have got less points.

4 hours ago, Frankie said:

There's no room for sentiment.

We need the very best talent at all levels throughout the club.  Jimmy Nicholl has served the club well over the years but his recent managerial/coaching record doesn't suggest he's the best option now.

but in 1994 he was our hero xD