Scott Arfield confirmed on a 4 year deal

40 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Should Windass stay he has to learn how to play/be a team player in a game instead of just being a cameo most of the time.

That very thing ties in with my thread on Pre-season training.  Windass can't learn to be a team player on his own - that can only be achieved with the assistance of the rest of the team & the management/coaches.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

That's a bit vague, but I can see that. In that case, Windass wouldn't fit. 

It sounds vague but I think there are a number of qualities which make players "tough" or "fighters". Bravery, aggression, stregth, tackling, stamina and work rate are a few. I'd love to see Jordan Rossiter at peak fitness because I think he'd epitomise this kind of player.

And although it all sounds very old fashioned, but you'll understand that the best modern possession sides place a huge emphasis on pressing and winning the ball back fast when they lose possession. Players with as many of these qualities as possible in your team would go a long way to achieving that. Ross McCrorie made more tackles than anyone against Kilmarnock a few weeks ago even though he only came on at half time. Those are the kind of players we need in the team imo.

32 minutes ago, DMAA said:

It sounds vague but I think there are a number of qualities which make players "tough" or "fighters". Bravery, aggression, stregth, tackling, stamina and work rate are a few. I'd love to see Jordan Rossiter at peak fitness because I think he'd epitomise this kind of player.

And although it all sounds very old fashioned, but you'll understand that the best modern possession sides place a huge emphasis on pressing and winning the ball back fast when they lose possession. Players with as many of these qualities as possible in your team would go a long way to achieving that. Ross McCrorie made more tackles than anyone against Kilmarnock a few weeks ago even though he only came on at half time. Those are the kind of players we need in the team imo.

Yes, but if you're going with 'tough', then we can rule out Windass, but if we're going with 'high pressing', then he'd be at the top of my list. 

I think McCrorie could be very useful; he's just so versatile.