Scotland U21 v England U21 Semi Final Toulon Tournament

Anyone who hasn't seen Billy Gilmour's goal against Korea really needs to find it online and take a look - Ian may do the honours.

For a 16 yr old kid playing against 21yr old men it was a touch of absolute class.  The composure he showed to not hit it first time when the ball came in from the wing, to cut it back to his left foot, then pause long enough to curl it into the far corner with his right rather than have a go with his left was top drawer.

Many, many seasoned professional strikers wouldn't have did what he did.  The lad is going to go on and be the best Scottish player of his generation so long as he avoids injury.  He has every single tool in the bag to be successful.

15 minutes ago, craig said:

Anyone who hasn't seen Billy Gilmour's goal against Korea really needs to find it online and take a look - Ian may do the honours.

For a 16 yr old kid playing against 21yr old men it was a touch of absolute class.  The composure he showed to not hit it first time when the ball came in from the wing, to cut it back to his left foot, then pause long enough to curl it into the far corner with his right rather than have a go with his left was top drawer.

Many, many seasoned professional strikers wouldn't have did what he did.  The lad is going to go on and be the best Scottish player of his generation so long as he avoids injury.  He has every single tool in the bag to be successful.

Both goals were top class in different ways,...I'll stop there as footage will paint a better picture............

ps. It was Glen Middleton who put over the cross for Gilmour.

Edited by buster.

18:30 ko on Freesports.

Maybe see a few Rangers players in the starting line up? I think Middleton will start & maybe McCrorie in goals?.

I expect a loss against a far superior team(IMO), I know they beat France but that was the French U20 not the U21 team, this England team is strong, fingers crossed for the young guys!.

YOU can catch all the action on FreeSports, which is available to all through Freeview.

To watch, tune into Freeview channel 95, Sky 422, Freesat 252, TalkTalk 95 or BT 95.

Alternatively you can stream all the action at TVPlayer.com, where you can make a free account and watch on your mobile or laptop.

Edited by ian1964

23 hours ago, craig said:

It's a pity we didn't secure a season-long loanback deal at the time like Keltic did with Morgan. As it is it may take him years to get into the Chelsea team.

27 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

It's a pity we didn't secure a season-long loanback deal at the time like Keltic did with Morgan. As it is it may take him years to get into the Chelsea team.

He wouldn't have played for the first team very often, if at all so a loanback would have been nigh on pointless.  Morgan had played first team football and presumably has handled the physicality of playing adult football.  Billy Gilmour has limited experience of that.  The lad himself has admitted that he hasn't physically matured enough to be playing against the likes of Scott Brown.  In his own words he said he would be fine technically against Brown but would be pushed off the ball.  It was one of his reasons for leaving (aside from the $$$.... I was informed the other week that as of next season his salary will go up to 22k per week...).

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

Scotland have played well in this match, better than I thought they could.

They may well come back into this but I don't think this England team are as good as some think.

The bookies weren't rating them that highly.

Just now, buster. said:

They may well come back into this but I don't think this England team are as good as some think.

The bookies weren't rating them that highly.

I was basing my prediction on the previous matches in this tournament, the Scotland side is playing better than I seen before, but! this England team are very good and we will be under severe pressure this half, let's hope we can score again!.