The lads in my work seemed shocked by this resignation.  I'm not - Zidane knew he couldn't really improve on what he has achieved there and clever men know it's better to end on a high.

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Never not won the Champion's League as manager; that's some record. 

Aye, but St Brenda has double trebles. 

Makes him a shoe-in to the Santiago Bernabeu, surely?..........You say not..?....

Edited by Uilleam

3 minutes ago, Gazza_8 said:

Celtic fans on Kerrydale are panicking incase they appoint Rodgers. No joke.

Away FFS - are they really that stupid ?  Actually.... stupid question from me :D

My guess is that ZZ will have a few months, or so, of zzzzz, and will at some point thereafter be appointed to the France job.

As far as RM is concerned, it is an ageing team, for the most part, which looked terribly faded in La Liga, and was only energised for games in The Big Cup, even then

struggling in a few ties. The forecast would be a significant rebuild, but one with the requirement that it works immediately, if not sooner.

Add in the fact that he has had 3 seasons of dealing with the turbocharged egos of the dressing room, and his decision begins to make sense. 

What manager/coach can significantly restructure a side, replace iconic players, hit the ground running, deal with the dressing room, and Florentino Perez, and keep the support happy, all at the same time? 

Step forward St Brenda of Barrowfield....

Shouldn't be surprised to anyone, Real Madrid rarely keeps their manager long term regardless of their records. I'd hedge a bet that his next stop is either Paris Saint Germain or Juventus. 

Impressive record though but he's leaving at the right time.