I know the press hate us, but - they are right to complain, here

I see no quotes from Tav himself in the article, what does he say about it? I've got a collie cross from Cardonald and know nothing about American Bulldogs and why you might cut their ears. Why is it done, is it like tail docking? That was banned but then reversed in Scotland last year. From the  outside it seems cruel but I'd like to understand why it's done and what Tav has to say about it first. 

Edited by JohnMc

It's done to make them look "hard" in the owners' eyes and therefore, by reflection, them too- as someone asks in the comments to the article, "Does this make your dick feel bigger?"

Edited by SteveC

33 minutes ago, SteveC said:

line 1 - I missed a word out in the title, now corrected, thanks for that

line 2 - No thanks at all for that.

This is Timmy propaganda at it's finest, with a sprinkling of PETA.

4 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I'm sure I read on FF that he didn't do it, he had them imported already done, I can't seem to find the thread though! I think???

The article doesn't say he personally did it or ordered it to be done.  I'm pretty sure it is illegal here despite some on here apparently supporting it. Ordering dogs specifically because they've had this done to them,  to increase their sell on price, is surely bad enough?

This is the FF thread: 
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/is-something-big-happening-today.32382/

Edited by SteveC

1 minute ago, SteveC said:

The article doesn't say he personally did it or ordered it to be done.  I'm pretty sure it is illegal here despite some on here apparently supporting it. Ordering dogs specifically because they've had this done to them,  to increase their sell on price, is surely bad enough?

Oh! I am not condoning it mate, I am a dog lover, truth is I never really read the thread on FF, I think he got them to breed??

Just now, ian1964 said:

Oh! I am not condoning it mate, I am a dog lover, truth is I never really read the thread on FF, I think he got them to breed??

Probably, no doubt he'll issue a statement soon.

Apparently - according to that thread - he has posted about them on the past on twitter and bears have pulled him up about it.  I don't follow Twitter so I'm just repeating what was said there, and it may or may not be true.