Gersnet World Cup Prediction League: Round 1

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

They actually have women doing analysis at the world cup?

Stop the world, i'm getting off!

Surely you've made a mistake. How could a woman talk about football?

What?

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

Surely you've made a mistake. How could a woman talk about football?

What?

The posts above suggest Aluko's sister was chatting away about the Iran match.

The words "stove" and "Jesus" immediately sprang to my mind.

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

They actually have women doing analysis at the world cup?

Stop the world, i'm getting off!

Well, I can't speak for the rest of the planet but in the US our women have actually won World Cups. As opposed to the men who can't even qualify...bums.

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Wait, women have their own World Cups?  

When did I enter the Twilight Zone?

Yeah...we let the split tails on the pitch during the suffragette movement...worst mistake ever! lol!

For the MOR-IRN game, Rousseau, Malangsob got the Correct Result, with Craig getting the Correct Score.

For the POR-SPA game, Bill, TB, FS, Lenny, Franc Ergs, dB and Johnnyk got the Correct Result. No Correct Scores.

A couple of Joker cards were used but no one gained any extras. 

Latest Standings:

Australia have been excellent. 

It's the perfect example of the difference between individual quality and set-up. France undoubtedly have much better quality individually, but Australia have the better set-up, in terms of defending, pressing and build-up. Their offensive tactic of long passes is perhaps letting them down. 

I am annoyed at the commentators moaning about France not pressing - it's a tactic, they want teams to come at them and open up because they want to use the incredible pace of mbappe, griezmann and Dembele. It's not a bad tactic, but perhaps not as useful against teams that are looking to contain. 

There's a bit of PSG about this France side: leaving three attackers up field all the time. 

I wonder if any of these Australia players are within our reach? @pete I think has mentioned Sainsbury a few times before; he's been immense, reading the game, passing out of defense.