Odsonne Edouard £9 million

I'm non-plussed about them signing him.  9 million out the door.  They surely will either be spending next to nothing elsewhere and/or will be punting Dembele.

A failure by them to get into the CL will hurt them greatly.

9 million on Odouard or 5 million bringing in McGregor, Goldson, Katic, Arfield, and Ejaria...... I'm more impressed with our business thus far.

Just been confirmed on Fotmob at 11.4 million Euros.  Which works out closer to 10 million than 9.

To be honest, this looks more to me like a "look at us, we can spend 10 million on a player.  Who is Steven Gerrard" - could very easily blow up in their faces.  Here's hoping.

That's a lot of money to spend on one player in an extremely mediocre side. Then again, it happens in England all the time. 

The tims have made some shrewd moves over the years so perhaps this is another player they'll make a good profit on. He's only scored goals in Scotland though (11 in 29) so such a fee seems strange. 

I'm aware I have contradicted myself about 8 times in this post and will just leave it there. 

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

3 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

He's only 20 so if he realises his potential he'll get a lot better.

He will still be playing against the likes of Dundee and Livingston.  Unless they can get better in the CL then you just cant see someone making a massive offer for him.  Sell him on for the same again ?  Maybe.  Small profit ?  Again, maybe.  Likely to sell him on for significant profit ?  Needs to be performing at a higher level than the SPFL... OR... needs to be banging them in, in the SPFL - and his record so far doesn't indicate that.

No doubt when he does eventually leave it will be for an undisclosed fee with the Tim compliant media saying it was for significant profit.

He doesn't improve them from what they had last season.  So 9.9 million to remain the same is a lot of money.  They do get the player on their books rather than PSG's but, his goal against us aside, did he really look like a 9 million pound player ? 

One of the scottish rhags was hinting that the total "could" go as high as £9M, but the initial fee is around £6M.

Of course that will be dependant on the number of full caps he wins, games played in CL, etc, so probably just going to cost £6M.

Taking into account PSG must sell £60M of players this summer to avoid being transfer banned under FFP, they will be quite happy to have this figure being reported as highly as possible as well as the bheasts. 

It has been the same for the bheasts since the Fergus bunnet days when he used to include the wages and bonuses over the 3 or 4 year contract in the number released. he would say a player was signed in a £5M deal, when in actual fact the fee was £1.5M with the rest being wages and bonuses over 4 years.

I would love for them to have blown £9M on this player who is injury prone and doesnt feature ahead of Dembele or Griffiths. Makes our chances of catching them a lot easier.