France v Argentina is a great game on paper but I doubt it'll be a mouth watering spectacle, going on recent evidence.

I have the Argies in the sweep at work and have them to win the the predictor league but can't stand them, so hope France win.

Neither France or Argentina are that great. For Argentina it's a big problem, but for France I think it's just down to how they play; I actually think it'll suit them more the further they go, because it's defensive and counter-attacking, which is difficult when teams are defending deep. 

Switzerland have really impressed me: their positional structure is so flexible and effective in different phases of the game.  

Mexico have been good, but switched off in that last game, having already qualified. 

Uruguay and Portugal could go far, but there won't be many goals.

Croatia are solid and effective, and they could go far too with the 'big guns' shooting blanks.

Brazil are there or there about, but they have their flaws, and I don't think they've been tested -- neither have Belgium.

Croatia, Mexico and Switzerland have been the most impressive for me. 

Looking forward to the France v Argentina game but not really expecting a ripper of a game. An early goal for either would help things but I doubt there will be any goals in the first half.

Uruguay v Portugal looks like a dour and attritional struggle but the team that comes out of it will be a difficult one to beat for France or Argentina.

39 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

France v Argentina is a great game on paper but I doubt it'll be a mouth watering spectacle, going on recent evidence.

You think back to games like in '82 when Italy beat Brazil 3-2 or France drew with Germany 3-3 but went out on penalties and you hope for a repeat but I tend to agree with you.

This could be any number now, I think.

It suits France to play on the counter, with their pace up front. Up until now, teams have sat in against them, preventing them from being able to counter. Argentina need to come out now.

Inches away from another penalty. Free-kick instead.

Mbappe again in behind from a raker of a pass from Pogba, before being taken out.

They can't stop him; Or, they can, but it's illegal.