Club Statement- Murdoch MacLennan

Trying to get support from other clubs on this wil prove difficult.

Too many rubbished attempts of 'building any bridges' and we find ourselves very much as per the line....... 'no one likes us.......'.

I hope we have more 'ammo' in reserve.

14 hours ago, Big Jaws said:

Hold on a second here? By whom? By The Club or by the SPFL?

If you are suggesting that its a deflection tactic from the Club I've got to take issue with you on that. The Club, its brand, the fans and the chairman have been under attack since before the administration event and consequently the team which took over the Club and removed the spivs. Admittedly it would take some time to prepare a strategy but once said strategy is in place its just a matter of time before all the ducks are in a row. At the moment there is a three point attack on the Club a) Through the SPFL CO, b) TAB/TOP contempt papers served on Dave King and c) MA's temp injunction. I would suggest that there is a slight of hand here but make no mistake about it there will be a strategy in place and I for one am starting to see where the weakest point in the opposition might be.

By the club.

I very much get the fact that the club have been under attack for a LONG time. However, that has little to do with what appears to me as using the timing of the Saturday statement as more of a deflection tool and to help push a siege mentality amongst the support rather than a timely and considered response to the SPFL. 

IMO the more important issue are those converging matters that you describe as a three point attack.

Lawyers and small print continue to be the frontline just when I was looking forward to the kicking of the baw on grass again.

If we want a fair and even playing field then we must fight these conflicts of interest all the way. Doubt anyone watched the bizarre refereeing last season and the re-emergence of title stripping and didn't come to the conclusion the SPFL and SFA was working on behalf of one club. It's at the stage that shares and season tickets in Celtic are a prerequisite of employment.

No other country would see fans enter the field of play and attack an opposing teams players to zero punishment. 

3 minutes ago, trublusince1982 said:

If we want a fair and even playing field then we must fight these conflicts of interest all the way. Doubt anyone watched the bizarre refereeing last season and the re-emergence of title stripping and didn't come to the conclusion the SPFL and SFA was working on behalf of one club. It's at the stage that shares and season tickets in Celtic are a prerequisite of employment.

No other country would see fans enter the field of play and attack an opposing teams players to zero punishment. 

I agree with that and was clear about it on the relevant thread a month or so back where I advocated the pushing of the 'Private Eye' article as part of the offensive then in play. I also said then that I hoped we had more material to push because if we don't, then it'll go no further. We can only hope it's being kept in reserve pending what happens with the SFA charges.

What I'm saying is that IMO it looks like we are now using the issue for another temporary purpose. 

It was encouraging to see the Evening Times join the Daily Record this morning in effectively supporting Rangers here though.

It's absolutely extraordinary that the other clubs and so far everyone else are still denying the absolute obvious though, that you can't work for both the SPFL and Celtic's majority shareholder at the same time!!

I've never been a conspiracy theorist but this whole episode has given infinitely more weight to accusations of institutional bias against Rangers than any number of dodgy decisions or fixture lists could.

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

I thought the statement by the club was very timely and considered.  What makes you think otherwise?

I (like everyone else I'm sure) also want to be able to focus on the football, but this is an incredible situation where a governing body appears to be getting away with clear violations of codes of conduct.  Why shouldn't the club challenge this, and especially before the start of the season?  And what is the club deflecting from?  As far as I see it, it's only good news at the moment on the footballing front.  It looks like SD will try to cause a few problems more before they go, but that's all straight forward and will be sorted out hopefully without going to court.  Other than that, what's to deflect?

Weve got nothing but positivity around the club, but we won't maintain that unless there's an even playing field for us in the league.  I'm right behind the board and the club in seeking justice and insisting on correct governance within our game.

I agree with what was a counter-attack to the SPFL charges and that we should where possible develop it further, of course !

All I'm saying is that the timing of this particular statement has IMO, more to do with deflection, than the issue by itself. 

With benefit of the doubt, you could call it a '2 in 1'.

Deflection is from what Big Jaws described as "a 3 point attack" (SPFL charges, Takeover panel & SDI Retail), although the present emphasis being on the latter two, especially SDI.....I doubt SD will be straightforward, their lawyers and small print are difficult to shake.

The more important and immediate aspect to it is what comes out of court proceedings tomorow. Retail revenue will be an important part of financial projections.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

It was encouraging to see the Evening Times join the Daily Record this morning in effectively supporting Rangers here though.

It's absolutely extraordinary that the other clubs and so far everyone else are still denying the absolute obvious though, that you can't work for both the SPFL and Celtic's majority shareholder at the same time!!

I've never been a conspiracy theorist but this whole episode has given infinitely more weight to accusations of institutional bias against Rangers than any number of dodgy decisions or fixture lists could.

The problem with the other clubs is that they are not being "targeted" by the governing bodies - they have no fight to fight.  As such, putting their head above the parapet does nothing (good or bad) for them, so why get involved at all.