Gerrard doesn't want patience from Rangers fans

1 hour ago, Darthter said:

For me, SG would be making a mistake to focus on Ceptic.....he should be focusing more on all the other teams & rather than getting closer to Ceptic, his main aim should be putting significant distance between us & everyone else.

We lost too many points to other teams last season....rectify that, and straight away we're closer to them.  Focus too much on one team, may mean taking your eye off the others.

It wouldn't be focusing on Celtic.  It would be focusing on getting as many points as possible for Rangers - and at the end of the season seeing how close we are.  Getting closer to them doesn't necessarily mean focusing on them.

26 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Its fairly obvious what is going to be acceptable to the majority of Bears this season. Improvement in all areas.

We can forgive not winning the title as long as we contend for it. Our rivals budget dwarfs ours, and they have a team who have won over course and distance year after year. For our part we are building our team back up again and we have pretty much wasted 2 years in doing so with mistakes in dugout and boardroom.

I want to see improvement. I want to see us win our home games. I want to see us win the games we should be winning. I want to see us play decent football. It doesnt have to be like Barcelona of a few years back, or Man City last year, just better for us. Defend better, attack better. For the investment in the football side this last few months this should be the minimum we can ask for.

I want to see a big increase in the number of points won. This should in turn ensure there is no talk of a battle for second. Aberdeen and Hibs may well get a similar points total to last year (70-75), we need to be at least 10-15 points higher than that. To win the title we probably need 20-25 points more, which is a big ask (not impossible when you consider the amount of cheap points we surrendered meekly the last two seasons, especially at home), but to say we have failed if we dont do that would be wrong, this time round anyway.

The big stepping stone will be to win a cup and to beat the bheasts. This is what we want to see. If these things happen and we dont win the league, then nobody will be calling for Gerrard to leave.

It was blatantly obvious that Pedro was miles out his depth and should have been sacked at the very latest on the plane home from Lux. All fans could see he had no management qualities and the players did not believe in him, nor worked their best for him. I dont think we will see a similar thing with SG, but if we do the results will suffer and the calls to go will increase. However lets stay positive and hope for a season of stability, improvement, and silverware.

Re Aberdeen and Hibs... I can't see HIbs getting getting a similar points total to last year having just lost McGeough and likely to lose McGinn too - that is their engine room right there.

The rest I agree wholeheartedly with, aside from maybe winning a cup - we should aim for that but Celtic still are the team to beat and have the motivation for a treble treble - doesn't mean we can't defeat them though.  They were worse last year than the year before - and their treble was with very little pressure - will be interesting to see how they handle things if we apply a little more pressure to them this season.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Just as Gerrard (rightly) won’t be asking for patience, it would be equally wrong for us to offer it. Full steam ahead, aim for the top. 

Totally agree. If you don't aim for the top you will never reach it.

8 hours ago, craig said:

Re Aberdeen and Hibs... I can't see HIbs getting getting a similar points total to last year having just lost McGeough and likely to lose McGinn too - that is their engine room right there.

The rest I agree wholeheartedly with, aside from maybe winning a cup - we should aim for that but Celtic still are the team to beat and have the motivation for a treble treble - doesn't mean we can't defeat them though.  They were worse last year than the year before - and their treble was with very little pressure - will be interesting to see how they handle things if we apply a little more pressure to them this season.

You may well be right with Hibs, but dolly should be around that 70-75 mark again.

celtics season will be decided by the end of August. Make the CL groups and all is good. Don't, and the fire sale begins which should help us in trying to bridge the gap. 

I agree that if we can apply pressure, Rodgers is likely to buckle. There were signs last season of this but we couldn't sustain any pressure to break him.