RSC's - Our Lifeblood ?

My old father old Foggy ran our club one benefit for the brother and I we went everywhere for free he had to give it up when he went blind but never missed a game on the wireless. 

10 hours ago, gaspard said:

Well done Dart, good piece and of course topical.  RSCs are still the lifeblood and a cohesive force throughout the Rangers global community.

there appears to be very little unity anywhere else nowadays, any moves or machinations attempting to use the RSC system to create virtual or pseudo clubs for whatever reason should be exposed and resisted.

CS, regarding KP Brake club, probably pre-Ibrox but I would assume the brake was used to take the KP lads to away games.

934163315_Brakeclub.jpg.f6e194312dafc8b3711eb67ba8decb2c.jpg

Alex Craig had 2 spells at our club and made 144 apperances. Born in Galway in 1886 - despite his two spells he never won a major honour.

Edited by D'Artagnan

The first bus I went on as a young schoolboy left Haymarket, Edinburgh at 12 noon and cost the grand sum of 50p for the return trip. It made the logistics of the trip easy for a young lad at an age where an independent trip to Glasgow was a grand adventure.

A ‘bus I used to guest on passed Haymarket, the gateway to Gorgie. Always seemd to be dozens of blue scarves milling about. Too early in the day for Hearts guys to be around I suppose.

25 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

A ‘bus I used to guest on passed Haymarket, the gateway to Gorgie. Always seemd to be dozens of blue scarves milling about. Too early in the day for Hearts guys to be around I suppose.

Me and my mate ( we must have been about 12)  used to sit on the wall by the then bus-stop whilst the rest of the bus would be in the bar to the right of the railway station. The pub to the left of the station (30 yards away) was used by Celtic fans.

When we arrived back, it'd be straight up Morrison street to the chippy !....happy days

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 22:54, D'Artagnan said:

934163315_Brakeclub.jpg.f6e194312dafc8b3711eb67ba8decb2c.jpg

Alex Craig had 2 spells at our club and made 144 apperances. Born in Galway in 1886 - despite his two spells he never won a major honour.

Thanks Dart, info like that always makes one dig a wee bit deeper, every days a school day.

Alex Craig was born in Galway in 1886 and was the first player born in what is now the Republic of Ireland to play for Rangers. Craig made 102 appearances for Rangers between 1904 and 1911 before joining Greenock Morton. He returned to Rangers in 1914 where he made a further 42 appearances over the following two years. Craig’s career pre-dated the foundation of the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) and the Republic of Ireland team that we know today. However, he won 9 international caps for the then Ireland team that was run by the Belfast-based Irish Football Association (IFA).

Craig’s time at Rangers briefly coincided with the arrival of a second player at Rangers who was born in the Republic of Ireland. James Lowry-Macauley hailed from Portarlington in County Laois and signed for Rangers in 1910. He made a single appearance for the club before later playing for Huddersfield Town and Preston North End. Lowry-Macauley’s international career included 6 caps for the IFA-run Ireland team of that time.

The first and to date only Rangers player to win full caps for the Republic of Ireland senior team was Alex Stevenson who was born in Dublin in 1912. He played 12 times for Rangers between 1932 and 1934 and the records indicate that he scored 7 goals during his time with the club. Stevenson is one of those few players that simultaneously represented both the FAI and IFA-run teams during the 1930’s and 1940’s.