Steven Gerrard backs Josh Windass to respond to Ibrox jeers

It's all very subjective.  Rousseau thinks Windass is the Messiah and I think he's a very naughty boy.  

I tend to take things at a very base level and ignore stats and things like that.  Gut instinct.  But your points about the player make sense and I was disappointed, overall, on Thursday...so that maybe coloured my judgement of the lad.

8 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's all very subjective.  Rousseau thinks Windass is the Messiah and I think he's a very naughty boy.  

I tend to take things at a very base level and ignore stats and things like that.  Gut instinct.  But your points about the player make sense and I was disappointed, overall, on Thursday...so that maybe coloured my judgement of the lad.

My instinct is that of a bloodhound looking for a dear! It’s telling me he will get SG into a lot of trouble being a naughty boy?

Good opportunity for Windass today to make use of more space than he got last week at Ibrox.

Firstly, he needs to show a good attitude, be up for the game and work hard. If he can do that, the rest would probably follow.

Then he needs to do the same consistently or lose his place (the squad needs more options middle to front).

16 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

We signed Windass to develop  him & sell him on. He was a much improved player last season. Our 2nd top scorer.

if he improves again this season we’ll make a tidy profit on him when he inevitably gets sold 

Nobody in England is going to splash the cash on a guy who goes completely missing in at least half the games he plays in one of the worst leagues in European football. 

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

1 hour ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Nobody in England is going to splash the cash on a guy who goes completely missing in at least half the games he plays in one of the worst leagues in European football. 

but they appear more than happy to shell out millions on a player who struggles to get into the 1st team @ Ceptic....

I think most teams would look at the benefits that a player like Windass DOES bring, rather than be put off by Gers fans perceptions of what he doesn't bring.....

2 hours ago, Darthter said:

but they appear more than happy to shell out millions on a player who struggles to get into the 1st team @ Ceptic....

I think most teams would look at the benefits that a player like Windass DOES bring, rather than be put off by Gers fans perceptions of what he doesn't bring.....

Armstrong is miles better than Windass. 

Just now, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Armstrong is miles better than Windass. 

so good, that he struggled to get a game ahead of Forrest.....

Whereas Windass is a regular starter, who contributed 18 goals last season.