Gersnet Podcast 011 - Osijek optimism and GCC gloom

2 hours ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

How embarrassing - my arithmetic! Apologies guys, I was in a bit of a rush the other night after getting back late from the game. Don't know what I was thinking...dearie me.

I promise my next outing in a Gersnet jersey will be a better one. :$

You've broke your duck mate. Onwards and upwards! :D

Good listen guys. Really enjoyed the topics later on. Really hit the nail on the head in my opinion.

Celtic have been ripping the piss for years with us and the "old firm" fixture. They realised its easier to undermine us and sell hate to their support i.e. no old firm, no Rangers, you cheated etc. With us conveniently out of the way it gave them easy money and trophies. Like Colin said it's been an "aggressive" tone from them. Aggressive. Dismissive. Undermining. The effigies, moon-howling and assaults are all symptoms of this. It's a worrying trend. Very divisive stuff.

Not unrelated, others have followed celtics lead. Dornan just the latest doing his bit for the cause. The SNP. Press pack. As pointed out, the suspect monies and allowances thrown at parkhead recently have been obscene. They have an army of puppets lining up to out do each other for them and against us. This is bigotry is action - and for me ten times worse than a few bad words between rival fans in 90mins. This is ow actually affecting peoples real lives in the professional and political sphere. They were able to bring in new laws and then get them repealed on a whim. It's new ground way beyond on anything before in our history. Murray made some comments about spending £10 and that's about as far as we took it before. Their response is mental. Rabid.

No-one will ever call out them out unless we start pointing it out. Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts seem to willingly join in but i genuinely don't think they realise half of whats going on with celtic. Therefore, the club has to be public with this. It's politics and we'll get laughed if we try and reason our way through it with people not interested in being reasonable with us. 

Edited by Rick Roberts
typos

8 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Brilliant again.  Really enjoyed that.  Pete, do you have to rehearse those crap jokes about Croatian names, or does that just come naturally?  Great topics, and a range of opinions in there.  Already looking forward to the next one.  Hopefully the team gives us the right results so we can enjoy the pod even more.

I am Derek Johnstone's love child.:D

I don't know if that Osijek manager is just a total prick or his English is so remedial he doesn't quite grasp what a prick he's being. Whatever Steven Gerrard may be he's no "tiny man" in the world of football.

And it pretty much goes without saying that the middle finger to a crowd needs no translation.