The Premier League

Sublime City, some of the football again in the second half was great to watch.

Awesome season and title race and got to give Liverpool credit for having the 3rd highest point tally in Premier League history. Its all about next season now.

3 golden boot winners - must be a first although around 2000 a couple of players might have shared it (Hasselbaink and Owen?) Had Aguero got his second he would have made it 4 players to finish on 22.

Arsenal away hoodoo ends, they must be kicking themselves. If they score the last minute penalty against Spurs or beat Palace/Brighton at home then they have been top 4.

Spurs must be wondering how the didnt finish top 3 and Chelsea must be wondering how they got 3rd.

Man Utd - what a blunder appointing OGS prior to the end of the season especially with Mo Po comments in the past few days.

Good finish for West ham, Palace and Newcastle.

Wolves - top class job finishing 7th.

16 hours ago, buster. said:

If Man Utd finish in 6th,..by my reckoning they'd be struggling to complete their lucrative pre-season games because of EL qualifiers.

That would be such a pity !

Not sure but they might get away with it if Arsenal win the Europa League and qualify for next seasons CL.

I wonder how long this new period of English club dominance of European competition will last ?

Historically, it would last a few years before another country would take over but the financial background might change that.

Now there is talk of Manchester City facing a ban from the champions league due to this silly financial fair play rule , doesn't seem to effect teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid whom if I remember correct the government came to their rescue .

2 hours ago, compo said:

Now there is talk of Manchester City facing a ban from the champions league due to this silly financial fair play rule , doesn't seem to effect teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid whom if I remember correct the government came to their rescue .

I think that was just Real Madrid.

Chris Hughton first to be giving the chop, yet ironically Cardiff go down below them and Warnock will be staying on another year.

Got to feel for Hughton, he took them from nowhere and now they will play a third season in the premier. I think he needed backed as he had an aging squad and he should have been given a chance to take them forward. The teams above them were decent, Southampton new manager made a difference and Dyche at Burnley has been outstanding.

I can however see why Brighton would want to move forward and I suppose they think they need a bigger manager. And the rumour is Hughton is a fave for Parkhead.

Brighton might end up the next Charlton or Stoke

14 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Chris Hughton first to be giving the chop, yet ironically Cardiff go down below them and Warnock will be staying on another year.

Got to feel for Hughton, he took them from nowhere and now they will play a third season in the premier. I think he needed backed as he had an aging squad and he should have been given a chance to take them forward. The teams above them were decent, Southampton new manager made a difference and Dyche at Burnley has been outstanding.

I can however see why Brighton would want to move forward and I suppose they think they need a bigger manager. And the rumour is Hughton is a fave for Parkhead.

Warnock is the right person to get Cardiff out of the Championship though - he's a very good manager at that level.  HIs issues always appear when he is in the top flight.

I think Brighton have made a massive gaffe sacking Hughton - he has them punching well above their weight, I think he's an under-rated manager - wouldn't be surprised to see Celtic make an attempt to get him.  1st time in their history they will have played 3 consecutive seasons in the top flight.... and he gets sacked ??

I rate Hughton - I think he would make a difference to Celtic - so am hoping someone else takes him first - I would love to see nothing more than Lennon be installed at Parkhead.

20 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Charlton and Stoke are currently has-beens. Brighton have never been anything notable. Football League Division 3 South is where I rate them.

12 hours ago, craig said:

I rate Hughton - I think he would make a difference to Celtic - so am hoping someone else takes him first - I would love to see nothing more than Lennon be installed at Parkhead.

Lennon, Hughton, Moyes, Lambert and Bilic are the front runners. Im not sure if Mourinho link is serious. Preferably Lennon gets it from our point of view followed by Moyes. Hughton would have them organized very well. I liked Bilic at West Ham, he suffered due to the stadium move.

Edited by Gribz

10 hours ago, Gribz said:

Lennon, Hughton, Moyes, Lambert and Bilic are the front runners. Im not sure if Mourinho link is serious. Preferably Lennon gets it from our point of view followed by Moyes. Hughton would have them organized very well. I liked Bilic at West Ham, he suffered due to the stadium move.

Hughton is the pick of the bunch in that lot if you asked me.  Bilic could maybe do a job for them.  Moyes did well on a shoestring at Everton but couldn't hack it at United - he may be a decent pick up for them - one of those "hit or miss" types.  Lennon and Lambert would be shite for them, so clearly I am hoping it is one of those two.