The feel good factor!

Its been a long time since i eagerly awaited match day coming round the way i do these days.  i can honestly say that my arse is making buttons for kickoff time to arrive!   No more watching the game from behind the curtains or through my fingers! 

Seriously though,  we have had to endure so many false dawns i was scared to watch the sun come up so like many i had my doubts over the appointment of Gerrard as our manager.   The transformation since his arrival at the club has been tremendous.   Im amazed at how well he has done so far in such a short space of time and long may it continue.   We are getting better with every game that goes by and dare i say it finally look like a side that will be a force to be reckoned with. 

The feel good factor is back folks..sit back and enjoy the show!

That's it cursed now! :seal:

No seriously I think we all feel a bit like that. We always used to go in with apprehension but I think a bit of the confidence and swagger is starting to creep back into the club in general and the team.

Hopefully we are still talking like this in 6-8 weeks time ..............

It was the management teams reaction to the sending off and the subsequent team performance at Aberdeen that convinced me that something significant was brewing and that the 'rookie manager' (and staff) had a very good, almost immediate and  competent grasp on what their remit entailed.

As a support we tend to be fickle, up and down like a yoyo and when the first setback arrives some will shout and complain.

Hopefully the majority recognise that we are improving significantly and teething problems, especially with a light sqaud are inevitable.

The most important thing in front of us at the moment IMO, is the EL qualifiers (not the OF match). Success would mean an 8 figure sum and the benefits that could bring over the next 18 months.

When I was a kid, I'd sometimes carried out mock cup draws.

Allocating teams numbers, writing the number on a wee scrap of paper and making a draw from them.

I don't know if it was the 'feel-good' factor or what but yesterday after the first 6 ties had a winner, I made 'my draw' for the next round of the League Cup and it came out ...............Kilmarnock or Rangers v Motherwell and Celtic v Hearts.

:redface:

Edited by buster.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

When I was a kid, I'd sometimes carried out mock cup draws.

Allocating teams numbers, writing the number on a wee scrap of paper and making a draw from them.

I don't know if it was the 'feel-good' factor or what but yesterday after the first 6 ties had a winner, I made 'my draw' for the next round of the League Cup and it came out ...............Kilmarnock or Rangers v Motherwell and Celtic v Hearts.

:redface:

Did you wear a Rod Stewart wig to do the draw ? ?

It was the management teams reaction to the sending off and the subsequent team performance at Aberdeen that convinced me that something significant was brewing and that the 'rookie manager' (and staff) had a very good, almost immediate and  competent grasp on what their remit entailed.

This for me was the turning point.  I never seen anything in our matches before the Aberdeen game that made me overly optimistic but the morelos sending off seemed to galvanise the team and management in an instant.   everything changed from that moment.  The one thing that stands out is the level of profesionalism thats running through the veins of the team and management and if we continue in that same vein then im in no doubt we will be successful this season.

• Frankie changed the title to The feel good factor!