[FT] Ufa 1 - 1 Rangers (Ejaria 9)

Just now, alexscottislegend said:

Flanagan struggled in the first half though tightened up second. Clearly he is uncomfortable on the left.

Right side is definitely his more favoured position....he's decent on the left though.  He still got sent off, putting us down to 9-men though - you could argue that if we'd lost it would have more down to Flanagan's red than Morelos'...

Just now, Darthter said:

On todays game, I'd say that  bit harsh on Morelos....never a sending off.   Overall, he does need to keep the heid more as it WILL get him into trouble & it makes him more of a target for the opposition.

Flanagans was also never a red card....but I'm not seeing any comments against him???

Morelos: Invited the ref to send him off. European competition often see rules employed for those types of things, eg. Whittaker / Malmo.

Flanagan's second yellow was softish. Ok if it's a first yellow but harsh for a second.

As WalterBear says, let's enjoy for now.

Just now, Darthter said:

Right side is definitely his more favoured position....he's decent on the left though.  He still got sent off, putting us down to 9-men though - you could argue that if we'd lost it would have more down to Flanagan's red than Morelos'...

Actually I was cursing SG coz he didn't take him off at half time, him being on a yellow with a dodgy ref.

10 minutes ago, compo said:

Think of how good we could be if  we cracked the formula of finishing with eleven players ??

We're now playing a much more physical game....that in itself opens up the risk of more cards.

Steven Thompson

Former Scotland striker on BBC Sportsound

Rangers are throwing their bodies on the line. They’ve shown very impressive fitness levels after being down to nine men. The desire from the Rangers players to get through this tie has been incredible

Got to say that last 45 mins was horrible to watch and when the whistle blew I was in disbelief. Did the ref blow the whistle 30 seconds early? I think it was actually 3 and half mins they played additional time? 

£12-15m banked! were moving forward onwards and upwards.