GN Pod 017 - Discussing the BBC dispute & answering your questions

12 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Popped onto Twitter yesterday to be greeted by a lot of notifications. Clearly my spoken views are about as popular as my written ones ?? 

Sorry if we've lost you listeners! 

I haven't looked at twitter but I doubt you will have lost us listeners. I listened in on the day and have listened to the edited version and I never heard anything that I would be angry about. The Gersnet  podcast was set up to hear different views and listeners  go away because they hear a view that does not match their own then they will be changing ship on a weekly basis. We are doing well for listeners for the short time we have been on and that against the upsurge of Heart and Hand. It took H&H 7 years to get where they are although the upsurge on people wanting to listen to podcasts instead of the radio has exploded. If you were boring then nobody would have answered so take it as a plus that people are reacting. 

On 12/09/2018 at 07:57, Frankie said:

This really is worth everyone's time this week.

@Govan Rear Bear, @A McKillop and @JohnMc do a great job of dissecting the dispute with the BBC as well as answering some of the questions posted on the forum the other day.

As always @Big Jaws does a great job of the audio - even with John apparently utilising a tambourine during his contributions? :D

Good podcast and thoughtful contributions from reasonable folk. 

Just a point on our rubbish PR. It’s not all the fault of the Scottish media, our club media or a plot against us by the Spanish Inquisition. A lot of decent folk support Rangers and we need to make our voices louder. we have a fair number of zoomers in our fan base who do harm us (we have a big support so it’s inevitable). 

Fan sites like this give folk a platform to have rational discussion and be passionate. Long may it continue and well done to Frankie. 

Apart from winning trophies and having good financial management the biggest part of our PR is our fan base. Here’s a simple suggestion to start and we can all do it tomorrow. If you see unacceptable stuff on social media for example  (and there’s loads from Rangers fans and our enemies) go on there and call it out and tell folk it does not represent your club or you.