Thanks due to Dave King and the 3 Bears

5 hours ago, buster. said:

Dave King gets a lot of stick at times (from me included) but nights like Thursday weren't coming back in my lifetime if he and the other main investors hadn't dug deep and taken Mr.MASH on in a corporate conflict that was always going to be complicated and costly.

I might be wrong but I tend to think that DK had a fair bit to do with bringing Gerrard to Ibrox and again I think this appointment (along with his staff and boardroom backing) is the one that can take us back to the top of Scottish football within 2 seasons.

My thanks goes to Dave King, George Taylor, Douglas Park, George Letham and the others involved.

I think the South African secret service have hacked busters account.:D

The king regime has been a real mixed bag so far. However, we’ve gone from being a complete basket case of a club to being top of a Europe League group containing a very decent La Liga side. Not only that, but Ibrox is a fortress now that no side would look forward to playing at. Plus we now actually attack in Europe, which I don’t think we have ever done since advocaat.

Even his most ardent haters have gone rather quiet now. That said, 3 points against hearts is an absolute must. 

We are exactly where he said we had to be as quickly as possible when he took over 3 years ago. He specifically mentioned initially being in the Europa league and here we are. Against all odds I might add given the view of the landscape from just 6 months ago.

And not just in it making up the numbers but unbeaten in 10 games and topping a group. You have to suspect he was a huge factor in hiring Gerrard. And would have taken the flak if it quickly turned into the disaster Pedro was so deserves the credit for the way it's panning out.

Coasting in Europe but stuttering away from home domestically though you would imagine that has to come right sooner or later. And let's see what it looks like once Gerrard has had another couple of windows. Give Hearts a hammering tomorrow and things will look even brighter.

17 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

We are exactly where he said we had to be as quickly as possible when he took over 3 years ago. He specifically mentioned initially being in the Europa league and here we are. Against all odds I might add given the view of the landscape from just 6 months ago.

And not just in it making up the numbers but unbeaten in 10 games and topping a group. You have to suspect he was a huge factor in hiring Gerrard. And would have taken the flak if it quickly turned into the disaster Pedro was so deserves the credit for the way it's panning out.

Coasting in Europe but stuttering away from home domestically though you would imagine that has to come right sooner or later. And let's see what it looks like once Gerrard has had another couple of windows. Give Hearts a hammering tomorrow and things will look even brighter.

I think you need to be a bit more balanced, mate. The last 2 seasons have been horrendous. Things are definitely looking up though.