Club1872 proposed changes

8 hours ago, pete said:

Unfortunately they are giving up the voice of all that block with trying to get one meaningless seat on the board. Dave King must be killing himself laughing if it is not him that is orchestrating it. Yes they are doing good things in sticking up for Rangers but that is what a supporters group should be doing and not pandering to other board members

I don't see a seat on the board as meaningless and neither do the vast majority of the members. If they did, they wouldn't have voted so overwhelmingly in favour of it.

And I'm not sure why you think Dave King would want Club1872 board representation. I suspect the opposite.

Likewise with your notion that Club1872 are "pandering". I don't see it that way at all.

More generally, if supporters are unhappy with anything Club1872 does, the best way to change it is to join up and vote. 

Sniping from the sidelines doesn't help anyone.

3 hours ago, Robert said:

I don't see a seat on the board as meaningless and neither do the vast majority of the members. If they did, they wouldn't have voted so overwhelmingly in favour of it.

And I'm not sure why you think Dave King would want Club1872 board representation. I suspect the opposite.

Likewise with your notion that Club1872 are "pandering". I don't see it that way at all.

More generally, if supporters are unhappy with anything Club1872 does, the best way to change it is to join up and vote. 

It looks like club 1872 are tying that option up with people needing to get 15 nominations to get on the board. we used to call that a closed shop in the unions.

15 hours ago, Robert said:

Actually, I'm not advocating it but if anyone is unhappy with the direction being taken by Club1872, by far the most effective way to show it is simply to suspend or cancel their donations. That's what I would do now but, whether lucky or prescient, I only ever saw history repeating itself and Club1872 succumbing to the same inevitable egoism, so I made a decision early on not to join.

15 hours ago, Robert said:

Join up and vote? I'm a life member but now don't have a vote. 

8 hours ago, Robert said:

When were voting rights removed from life members?

In the vote that this thread is about. The Board have sneaked it through in the wording without highlighting it. Very underhand. Everything about it is aimed to keep the current board in place and prevent anyone from challenging them. Kim Jong-Un would be very proud. 

5 hours ago, Bluedell said:

In the vote that this thread is about. The Board have sneaked it through in the wording without highlighting it. Very underhand. Everything about it is aimed to keep the current board in place and prevent anyone from challenging them. Kim Jong-Un would be very proud. 

Thanks Bluedell, because I hadn't noticed that.  That appears to be a sinister move so I'd appreciate them explaining the rationale behind that.

14 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Thanks Bluedell, because I hadn't noticed that.  That appears to be a sinister move so I'd appreciate them explaining the rationale behind that.

On the face of it, it looks more like a somewhat clumsy attempt to encourage members to donate and raise funds.

Politically, the numbers involved won't change ballot results but those affected will be left with a sour taste and it opens a front for comments like sinister.

#OG