Guest gerbilly

That's a wee bit harsh mate, he's our second highest scorer behind Boyd, I agree he needs to shed some pounds and get in some practice in taking corners and that kind of stuff but he's in amongst the right people to help him to do just that.

I think the past 2 seasons have proved that he has the raw ingredients to make him a top wide midfielder. He was, by all accounts, St Mirren's best player by far as they won promotion to the SPL and he's Rangers 2nd top scorer this season - including a good few crucial strikes.

I think we place unreasonably high expectations on our young players sometimes but hell he's been one of the few success stories in an otherwise depressing season.

Can be so inconsistent. If he wants to be our number 1 left midfielder then he has to play to a consistently high level on a regualr basis. Good player when he can be bopthered to show up though.

Guest Bluetooth

"I agree he needs to shed some pounds and get in some practice in taking corners and that kind of stuff"

Exactly the kind of stuff he should be able to do before he gets in the 1st team.

I'll probably get shot down in flames for suggesting this but here goes...I reckon he could be our version of David Beckham. Charlies never gonna beat anyone for pace down the wing, but if like Beckham he can deliver a quality ball from slightly deeper then thats just as good. His free kicks are great so he needs to maintain that and work on his crossing. Free kick wise i'd say he's up there with Nakamura. Hell if Nakamura had scored that free kick under the wall in the Old Firm game the media would have be raving about it for months.

Malky

Guest Bluetooth

I will give you that his dead ball stuff is OK sometimes.

Its when the ball is moving he has problems.

He cant go past a player and deliver a decent cross ball.

Can't believe some people are being so harsh on this guy. He's only 22 and has completed his first full season for us in the first team. Of course he needs time to improve, how many complete 22 year old players are there in the game?

Guys like him need our support, but throughout the season its guys like him who have been first to get the stick from certain sections of our support. I just don't understand it.

how many complete 22 year old players are there in the game?

Raul

Casillas

Fabregas (when he reaches 22)

Giggs

Scholes

Kaka

Buffon

Torres

Villa

I could possibly name a few more. :cool:;) :moon: