Jordan Rossiter

He said: “Yes – 100-per-cent I’m out to prove myself. I want to be a Rangers player and I can’t see anywhere bigger than here in my career.

“I’m lucky to still be here after my injury problems. I can’t lie, my development has been hampered by the injuries but I’m still only 21 and I want to be here and improve.

“I don’t think about contracts or anything like that I just want to get back playing football and whatever happens after that happens. “I just want to be happy on the pitch.

“It was great to be back out there as it’s been a tough time for me. I suffered a little niggle at the start of pre-season and I worked hard so it’s great to be back and playing with the lads for 80 minutes.”

Rossiter helped the Light Blues to a first win since February in the league and he admits that dismal record had been part of boss Steven Gerrard’s pre-match address as his side struggled before seeing off Accies by a 4-1 scoreline which was in the flattering category.

He said: “It’s great to have played a part in an away win as the gaffer reiterated before the game that the club hasn’t won away from home for eight months. “We also haven’t won away this season which simply isn’t good enough.

“We have been flying in the Europa League and our home form has been brilliant but we need to tidy up on our away form and this is a good start.

“It’s difficult coming to a place like Hamilton, it’s a plastic pitch and it’s a bit of a leveller. “It changes the game and the ball moves about differently.

“The main thing was the three points and getting that away win but we know our performance could have been a lot better.”

He said: “I feel good, but I know I still have a long way to go before I get back up to full fitness. “That’s my first eighty minutes of the season in the bank but I have a long way to go.

“It’s been tough, I played against Hibs in the last game of last season and then I suffered an ankle injury over the summer which was a setback but these things happen.

“You start to think you’ll never get back to being involved with the first team but I’ve now managed to do that.

“We have a lot of injuries at the moment and now I have got my chance and hopefully I did okay against Hamilton.

“I was disappointed at the Hamilton goal as I thought I could have done better defensively. “But the lads bailed me our and in the end the result was brilliant.

“This is where I want to be. I’ve had a difficult pre-season and sruggled with injuries but to be involved against Hamilton was great but I have a long way to go until the end of the season and I need to get as many appearances as I can.”

“The boss has been brilliant and to put me in today after a few games – he has faith in me and I want to repay him and the fans who are still behind me.

“It’s been a tough road and I just want to pay everyone back who has been with me all the way.

“The physio Stevie Walker has been fantastic with me and my family and everyone here. Every boss since I’be been here has been fantastic with me and I just want to pay the club back.”

Rangers will now turn their attention to a Europa League clash against Spartak Moscow on Thursday night and Rossiter is adamant they need to focus on continental business now they’ve cured the domestic travel sickness.

He said: “I don’t think it was on our minds – we’ve had a tough Europa league and we’ve been brilliant in that.

“If we hadn’t been in the Europa league maybe it would have been on our mind but we just need to get back to top of the table now.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jordan-rossiter-reveals-rangers-recovery-13455124

Such a level head on a young player, he's been through the mill with injuries but seems such a bubbly character after all of that. Hope he stays injury free, because he has so much potential. My only concern is, if he does reach the heights i hope for him, he'll be snatched up again by one of the big EPL clubs, but never the less i wish him all the best.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Him and McCrorie could go a long way - under SG's guidance - and establish themselves as our DMs. The gaffer and Jack will sure help him, and he already has quite some talent. It remains to be seen whether he gets that much game time this season to get back to his best though, as we sure have a certain ambition for this season that hardly allows for play-testing - unless enforced by injury.

EDIT: Unless I am mistaken, he and Wallace are not in the EL squad though.

Edited by der Berliner

19 minutes ago, aweebluesoandso said:

Such a level head on a young player, he's been through the mill with injuries but seems such a bubble character after all of that. Hope he stays injury free, because he has so much potential. My only concern is, if he does reach the heights i hope for him, he'll be snatched up again by one of the big EPL clubs, but never the less i wish him all the best.

Losing him to a big EPL club isn’t any concern at all just now

I really feel sorry for the young man, he is a football player and football players just want to play football, he is a very talented young player, one thing he has shown so far is mental toughness to keep getting knocked down and getting up! for the lads' sake I really hope he gets injury free to realise his undoubted potential.

I was waiting on this thread saying he was injured again to be honest! I'd love him to have an extended run but not sure it'll happen. Don't think I would risk him in the next two games - Spartak or Sheep - though having said that