Steven Davis: Rangers set to make January swoop for Northern Ireland captain

I am not for bringing back old players as it hardly ever works. Gerrard was just bumming up the scouting team in his presser. If a 34 year old Steven Davis is the best they can come up with then god help us.

37 minutes ago, pete said:

I am not for bringing back old players as it hardly ever works. Gerrard was just bumming up the scouting team in his presser. If a 34 year old Steven Davis is the best they can come up with then god help us.

Nonsense.

Davis is head & shoulders above any of our current midfielders, 34 is not old for a player these days, I am more concerned if he is injury free!

26 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Nonsense.

Davis is head & shoulders above any of our current midfielders, 34 is not old for a player these days, I am more concerned if he is injury free!

Agreed.  You can hardly say its "they best they can come up with" if we don't know what others they are looking at.  Davis or Coulibaly ?  Davis or Arfield ?  Davis or pretty much any of our current midfield ?  Davis, every day of the week, even given his age.  Trevor Steven came back and worked out fine, Ferguson came back and worked out just fine, Hateley came back and worked out just fine, and not to mention McGregor has come back and worked out fine too....

Chances are Davis is just one potential target being considered. Encouragement for current incumbents in any area that with a window coming up they better perform.

The manager said it in his press conference. If current incumbents aren't performing to our expectations we will replace them

4 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Nonsense.

Does that mean that there are not younger better players than Davis out there. I am not interested if Davis is better than our current squad I would prefer to look at players we can develop and make a profit on and not get back to filling knackers stable.

4 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

We could have done with him tonight as the midfield were very poor.

We don't know that. I think we are forgetting it is Davis 6 years further who can't get a game for a struggling EPL team.

4 minutes ago, pete said:

We don't know that. I think we are forgetting it is Davis 6 years further who can't get a game for a struggling EPL team.

That's fine but as far as I have read on here it is because of his manager's decision to use different tactics and although I hate to say from what I have seen over the last few SPL games we are struggling in this league just now.

4 hours ago, pete said:

Does that mean that there are not younger better players than Davis out there. I am not interested if Davis is better than our current squad I would prefer to look at players we can develop and make a profit on and not get back to filling knackers stable.

We have good young players already, we will try and sign more young players as well, Davis is a ready made quality midfield player who would have an immediate effect in the team! nobody is saying we shouldn't buy young players to develop, we need a mix of both as well you know!.

12 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

We have good young players already, we will try and sign more young players as well, Davis is a ready made quality midfield player who would have an immediate effect in the team! nobody is saying we shouldn't buy young players to develop, we need a mix of both as well you know!.

I am honestly not certain Davis is our answer. I would rather have a player that can split defences and score 15 goals a season from midfield and Davis is not that player.