'Make Us Dream': Steven Gerrard film

Steven Gerrard, the only footballer ever to score in an FA Cup, Champions League, League Cup and Uefa Cup final, has been reflecting on his triumphs and struggles since joining Liverpool's academy at the age of eight. In 'Make Us Dream', the Rangers manager said during his playing career he often questioned whether he was "worthy enough" and added that "football is not about turning up and playing, it's about dealing with everything that comes with it." The documentary will be satellite broadcast to cinemas in the UK on 15 November and then streamed globally on Prime Video.

I occasionally wonder about the effect of SG's mega star status in the game and if all of our players are happy to live and work in his shadow.

When he says Big clubs need Big players who step-up and deliver in Big moments, he does so as someone who was the very meaning of those words. But he indirectly addresses a squad that has nothing like that in it.

IMO to say so quickly that they'll be shipped out and replaced if they don't deliver was a mistake.

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard will be in the spotlight at a Glasgow cinema this month.

The Ibrox gaffer will be the subject of a feature length documentary portrait, as well as a live Q&A session, at Odeon Luxe Glasgow Quay.

The evening, entitled ‘Steven Gerrard –Make Us Dream’, takes a close-up look at the man behind the legend - taking in the highs of Istanbul, the inner conflict of staying loyal to his boyhood club and the turmoil of coming agonisingly close to the trophy that has always eluded him: The Premier League.

statement from organisers reads: "There will also be a live Q&A via satellite with Steven Gerrard starting at 7pm and guests to the Glasgow Quay screening can also expect to see some Rangers famous faces in the audience."

The event takes place on Thursday, November 15.

Find more information and tickets https://www.odeon.co.uk/films/make_us_dream_satellite_q_amp_a_with_steven_gerrard/18241/

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard pulls out’ of interview following ‘warning not to ask about Neil Lennon and sectarianism’

The Gers gaffer was due to chat with Channel 4 news reporter Ciaran Jenkins about his new Amazon film but failed to show.

STEVEN GERRARD pulled out of an interview at the last minute following a warning that he wouldn’t discuss Neil Lennon and sectariansim, Channel 4 News reporter Ciaran Jenkins has claimed.

Jenkins said he was due to interview the Rangers manager today ahead of the release of a new documentary about his life.

The TV reporter said someone on Gerrard’s own staff – and not someone from the Ibrox club – told him he couldn’t ask about the recent flashpoint that saw Hibs boss Lennon decked by a coin thrown by a Hearts fan.

Jenkins – who also said he wasn’t allowed to make reference to Gerrard’s wife in the interview – said he was left waiting for “hours” without any explanation for the no-show.

Taking to Twitter to voice his frustration, Jenkins wrote: “Steven Gerrard just pulled out of #C4News interview.

“Told by personal staffer – not Rangers- we couldn’t ask certain questions including about Neil Lennon and sectarianism. Then she disappeared.

“Been waiting for him here for hours. Nobody even told us in person it was off.

“Interview was arranged through maker of new film about Steven Gerrard’s life.

“Minutes before he was supposed to arrive I was told by Gerrard’s representative what he would and would not talk about.

“We had an amicable chat. She went off. Not seen her since.

We agreed interview would mostly be about issues featured in the film.

“I said I’d like to explore what Steven Gerrard’s wife says about him being an emotional person.

“I was told not to reference his wife directly and instead say ‘in the film it says you’re an emotional person.’

“Steven Gerrard’s representative told me in no uncertain terms he would not talk about the attacks on Neil Lennon or the current discussion around sectarianism in Scottish football.

“It was suggested I ask him in general terms what it’s like to be manager of Rangers.

“In a recent press conference Hibs manager Neil Lennon, who receives torrents of abuse said: ‘In Scotland you call it sectarianism, I call it racism..I’m just one person so I need more people to come out and call it what it really is.’

“There’s a section in the Steven Gerrard film in which some Liverpool fans call him judas and traitor over a proposed move to Chelsea.

“It’s one of the clips the makers sent us in advance. So assume he would have been anticipating questions about vitriol in football.

“So I hung about the Rangers training ground most of the day. I was told he wanted a chat before the interview.

“But he didn’t show. Nobody came to explain or apologise.”

SunSport Online has contacted Rangers for comment.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3452362/rangers-steven-gerrard-pulls-out-interview-neil-lennon-sectarianism-questions/

If you read his follow up tweets it certainly comes across as agenda-driven.

Lennon got hit by a coin at a Hibs v Hearts game.  Nothing to do with Rangers, nothing to do with Gerrard and most certainly nothing to do with his film.

Lennon claims sectarianism.  Gerrard has been in the Scottish game for 5 minutes so, again, why would he comment on something that he has no need or desire to acquaint himself with ?

I note Jenkins wasn't going to ask (or was unlikely to ask) any questions about the sentencing of Torbett yesterday in Scottish football's biggest scandal for decades, possibly ever (and, yes, it is FAR bigger then our admin and liquidation event).  Why not ?  That incident is as relevant to Gerrard as the other ones I mention above... that's right, it also isn't relevant to Gerrard.

Gerrard is nobody's fool - he is smart enough to realise if he is being pushed down a narrow corridor where his only end result is a loss or tarnishing his image.

Well done Steven Gerrard for having the sense to simply not show when you suspect that a hatchet job is about to take place.

27 minutes ago, craig said:

Lennon got hit by a coin at a Hibs v Hearts game.  Nothing to do with Rangers, nothing to do with Gerrard and most certainly nothing to do with his film.

That's the heart of it. Aside from the fact that the recent incident has nothing to do with Gerrard or Rangers as far as i'm aware the film is about his playing career. Not Lennon not Hibs not Hearts nor Scottish football in general which he never played in. I would have cancelled too.

Hope they're now pissed off that they lost the chance of an interview with a football legend due to their side tracking.