1 hour ago, compo said:

I see the powers that be are looking at bannìng players from scoring from the rebound if your penalty does not go in first time .

Don't think it's that bad an idea tbh. A one-shot shoot out between the keeper and taker could be exciting. If the keeper makes a save, he's generally on his erse so has little chance against the oncoming player(s).

I may be mistaken but does ice hockey not use a one off shot system?

There are a lot of things in football that need to be improved but taking penalties isn't one of them. Every week there are countless glaring examples of bad offside decisions, often changing the result of games - the offside rules are clearly beyond the means of referees and lineament to get right. Do something about that. Or simulation ( by players or yellow-toothed managers). Or red cards conjured up from referees' imagination.

It’s a nonsensical idea. What happens? Does the ‘keeper get to pick the ball up unmolested? Is it a goal kick or a free kick. Is it a corner if the ‘keeper palms it round the post?

Football is supposed to be a continuous game. There’s too much time wasting already. I quite like the goalmouth stramash that follows a partly saved penalty.