[FT] Rangers 7 - 1 Motherwell (Arfield 8', 61', Tavernier 35' pen, Morelos 38', Middleton 59', Grezda 68', 75')

1 minute ago, Gaffer said:

I'm listening to RTV and I think it's Jamie Murphy as the co-commentator.  It's interesting because he's commenting on the things they practice, both as a team and individually.  He mentioned that Middleton was too one dimensional and they've been drilling him on when to cut inside in order to vary his play.  He said its showing today, and he's right.  This is the first time I've seen Middleton actually confuse defenders with his intentions.  He can of course just out sprint them (depending on the space he has), but he's now cutting inside when they flood that wing, or double up on him.  What a pleasant improvement, and I hope he continues to develop that in his game, because he could be very dangerous.

It is Jamie Murphy and Steven Smith on RTV. I think Middleton is having to use the inside run more today against Cadden as he is pretty quick himself.

• Rousseau changed the title to Rangers 3 - 1 Motherwell (Arfield 8', Tavernier 35' pen, Morelos 38')

Middleton going on the outside there, turning on the pace and flouts in a nice cross which the defender just beats Morelos too.

Good movement from Grezda on the right, with a nice cross in. 

We've started the half well.

First time I've had a look at McAuley and I've got to say I'm quietly impressed with his calmness and sharp passing. At the moment he hasn't really been tested by their forwards which will give me a better understanding of how he is under pressure but at the moment he appears to be very assured.