SFA Issue Notice of Complaint | Rangers FC

56 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think the SFA has just presented Rangers with the opportunity to piss all over them. I hope we take the fullest-possible advantage.

What can be done though? they will just keep fining us, or worse!

There's a big problem for Collum and the SFA on this one.  It revolves around the key difference between what Rangers said and what Brendan (and others) has.  Rangers has at least implied that Collum lied about his reason. Is this not the real justification for their action here?  If that's the case, Rangers may have to cough up because it is a valid reason for disciplining the club.  However, even though I believe the club is probably in breach of the league's regulations, this one is well worth taking further.  The problem for the SFA and Collum is that it is true what Rangers have said, and that cannot (if proved beyond reasonable doubt) be punished.  Collum DID lie about his reason for sending off Candeias.  Collum knows it, the SFA know it, Rangers knows it, and we all know it.

Therefore this entire case should be about providing proof that the referee lied.  If this becomes the narrative (which it should be), Rangers may still be punished for a misdemeanour, but what charges then await the governing body and this referee?

As others have said, all of this could have been avoided if the referee just apologised.  As I said previously, he could have timed his apology just after the 7-1 win over Motherwell because it would therefore have blown over quickly, since that was the game Candeias missed as a result of the red card, and everyone would have moved on.  It's the cover up that's caused the problem here, and this is what will work in our favour.  I'm so surprised (ok, I'm not) that the press hasn't had a field day with this.  There's blatant proof (all tv evidence) that the ref couldn't have seen Candeias blow the kiss (I'm actually laughing as I write this at how ridiculous it is), and therefore must have made it up.  Why wouldn't you want such a sensational story on your back pages?  The story almost writes itself.  Is the media so anti Rangers, or so corrupt that it would rather turn a blind eye to overwhelming evidence, just to have another small dig at our club?  It would appear so, and maybe that's a different sensational story for the media outside of our country.

Edited by Gaffer

SFA can still get themselves out of this by means of plea bargain. Rangers accept the breach of rules. SFA impose a fine of one penny and waive the right to collect in recognition of massive mitigation i.e. telling the truth.

Come on, beaks. Take advantage of my free offer and avoid being a laughing stock.

Any of the Rangers lawyers got the gumption to follow this line?

7 hours ago, Frankie said:

It's all a bit strange this.  Collum only needed to apologise just like officials did to Celtic in 2017.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/SPORT/15238647.celtic-boss-brendan-rodgers-tells-referee-don-robertson-he-owes-erik-sviatchenko-an-apology/

I agree with you on this but having deemed the second yellow card against Candeias was justified and having recently charged Steve Clarke for comments, the SFA so as not to be seen to be favouring Rangers might have felt obliged to cite SG and Rangers.  It is also possible that Kilmarnock raised the issue with the SFA.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.