Ejaria dropped

OVIE AND OUT 

Rangers star Ovie Ejaria DROPPED by Steven Gerrard for Villarreal game after turning up late for training

SunSport understands Gerrard was livid with the on-loan Liverpool midfielder’s indiscipline ahead of the crucial Europa League clash

EXCLUSIVE
By Derek McGregor
29th November 2018, 6:45 pm

Updated: 29th November 2018, 6:46 pm

OVIE EJARIA has been dropped by unhappy Rangers boss Steven Gerrard for turning up for training late on Wednesday.

SunSport understands Gerrard was livid with the on-loan midfielder’s indiscipline – making it clear quickly his punishment would be a place on the bench for tonight’s vital tie against Villarreal.

Ejaria arrived at Ibrox this summer on loan from Liverpool

KENNY RAMSAY - THE SUN GLASGOW
Ejaria arrived at Ibrox this summer on loan from Liverpool

The 21-year-old arrived from Liverpool in the summer on a season-long loan.

He’s made a reasonable start to Ibrox life, featuring regularly and scoring a crucial away goal against Ufa in a Europa League qualifier.

But Gerrard has warned him against any repeat sloppiness

According to the manager, he was late, and then apologised, so it's case closed.  He wasn't punished for being late, and his omission from the team was purely tactical.

Edited by Gaffer

I have a suspicion that he wouldn't have played Ejaria anyway.  Coulibaly and Jack were always a shoe-in for me as we will need defensive stability against Villareal - and then I think Arfield offers us more when breaking between the lines going forward, something I think we will need tonight.

I am not nearly as convinced that this is Ejaria being "dropped" as I am that it is a "horses for courses" situation.

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

Gerrard said he was late but it was just a mistake and he accepted that and said he wasn’t dropped, it was a tactical decision to go with a more physical centre midfielder. 

That’s what happens when you use the Sun as your evidence.??

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

Gerrard said he was late but it was just a mistake and he accepted that and said he wasn’t dropped, it was a tactical decision to go with a more physical centre midfielder. 

Post #4 :D